Modify news items with the Fluent API
Use the code example below to modify a news item by the ID of its master version with the Fluent API.
NOTE: The example below modifies a news item by the ID of its master version. For more information about working with the ID of the live version, see For developers: Edit content.
In the example below, you perform the following:
- Check whether an item with the specified ID exists.
- Get the singular news item facade of the master version with the specified ID.
- To get the facade of the temp version, call the CheckOut method.
- Make all the modifications in the Do method of the temp facade.
In this example, you update the title and the URL of the news item.
- To transfer the changes to the master version of the item, call CheckIn.
- To you save the changes, call SaveChanges.
- To publish the news item, call the MessageWorkflow method of the WorkflowManager class and pass the required parameters.
- Modify a news item with the Fluent API