Upgrade from Sitefinity CMS 9.1 and above
If your project is running on Sitefinity CMS 9.1 and above, to upgrade it, perform the following:
- Backup your project and its database.
- Set the target framework version of your project to .Net Framework 4.7.2.
Perform the following:
- Open your project in Visual Studio.
- In the context menu of SitefinityWebApp, click Properties.
- On Application tab, in Target framework dropdown box, select .NET Framework 4.7.2
- Save the changes to your project
- Reinstall all packages:
- In Visual Studio, navigate to Tools » NuGet Package Manager » Package Manager Console.
- Execute the following command: Update-Package -Reinstall
NOTE: You do this, because the changing the target framework requires re-installation of all packages. After you have removed all Sitefinity CMS related packages in Step 2, you perform this step to re-install all other packages that you may have installed on your system.
- In the Package Manager Console, install
Telerik.Sitefinity.All 12.0.7000.0 using the following command:
Install-Package Telerik.Sitefinity.All –Version 12.0.7000.0
NOTE: The BCL dependency used by Sitefinity CMS to integrate Azure search in previous versions is also removed. As a result, you can safely remove the
Tools folder under the root of your SitefinityWebApp project.
- In the Package Manager Console, uninstall the following packages and delete the respective assemblies from the project's
- Build your solution.