Configure the display mode of custom error pages
You can configure custom error pages for your Sitefinity CMS website in a similar fashion to any other ASP.NET WebApplication, usign the standard ASP.NET mechanisms, for example the customErrors element. You can configure the following scenarios:
- If you set custom errors to
Off, a detailed status page is displayed to all users.
- If you set custom errors to RemoteOnly, a detailed page is displayed to users that are requesting the page from the host server and a general status page is displayed to all users that request the site from other machines.
- If you set custom errors to On, a general page is displayed to all users.
To configure the custom errors mode, perform the following:
- Open your
- Inside the
<system.web> section, change the
<customErrors> tag in one of the following ways:
- <customErrors mode="Off" />
- <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" />
- <customErrors mode="On" />
- Save and close the