Add widgets on pages and templates
You add widgets through the editing mode of pages and templates.
- To edit the content of a page, on the Pages page, perform one of the following actions:
- Click the page or the template that you want to edit.
- Click the Actions link of a page or template, and then choose Content.
The page opens in editing mode.
- Click Content at the top of the right panel.
The list of widget groups is displayed.
- Expand a widget group, choose a widget, and then drag it on the place you want it on the page.
NOTE: You can drag a widget both inside a page template and outside it. Select a widget and drag it to the desired place. The system shows you where you can drop the widget.
Once you have added a widget on your page, you need to configure it to display the appropriate content.
- Click Edit in the upper-right corner of the widget.
The widget editor for the selected widget opens in Simple mode, showing the current configuration of this widget, and allows you to make changes.
- You can click Advanced in the lower-right corner of the editor to display the full set of configurable parameters for this widget. See Advanced configuration of widgets for details.
NOTE: Some widgets only have a Simple mode. Conversely, there are widgets that do not have Simple mode so their Advanced mode displays by default.
There are other widget-related actions you can take by clicking More in the upper-right corner of the inserted widget:
- To remove the widget from the page, click Delete.
The system removes the widget without confirmation.
- To 'clone' the widget on the page, click Duplicate.
The system adds the same widget, under the existing one, and duplicates its configuration.
- To set permissions for the particular widget, click Permissions and perform procedure Administration: Global and section permissions » Step 2 to Step 4.
NOTE: When you add widgets in a page template, they cannot be edited in the pages that use the template. If you want to be able to edit these widgets directly from a page that uses the template, you must first branch the widgets. To do this, when you add a widget in a template, in the upper-right corner of the widget, click More » Make editable on pages.