Create and manage personas
You can create as many personas as you need for your site. Each persona has a set of characteristics that define its demographic and behavioral patterns. The personas that you create are applied only to the data center in which you create them.
You use persona scoring to design your marketing strategies in terms of personas, and measure and optimize your interactions with the visitors classified by a certain persona.
For more information, see:
To see a list of all personas, navigate to Analytics » Personas. Click on any persona to explore its profile in more details.
Create persona profiles
Click the Define a persona button and enter the following persona details:
- Name – the name representing the persona.
The persona name must be unique per data center.
- Distinctive characteristic – classification of the persona, that differentiates it from other personas.
- Photo – an image depicting the persona. You can use an image from the system library.
- Persona threshold – the points that a visitor has to score to be considered a match for this persona and to be targeted as this persona
For more information, see Add and manage persona scoring rules.
To learn how Sitefinity Insight recalculates statistics when you edit a persona threshold, see Retroactive scoring calculation rules.
You can edit all persona details in the persona profile.
When a persona is not relevant anymore, you can delete the persona and all data associated with it. Once you delete a persona, the information collected for this persona is permanently deleted, along with reports and historical data. Scored points of visitors associated with this persona are deleted as well.
NOTE: When you delete a persona, you do not delete scoring rules since these rules may be applied to other personas at the same time.
To delete a persona, perform the following:
- Go to Sitefinity Insight.
- Select the data center that you want to manage.
- Click Personas.
- Click view persona of the persona that you want to delete.
The Persona details screen opens.
- Click (More options) » Delete.
- To confirm the action, click Delete persona