To add a new user to your account or to a specific data center, you need to send an invitation email with an activation link to this user. You use different flows depending on whether you are an account administrator or data center(s) administrator.
NOTE: Sitefinity Insight uses Microsoft Azure Active Directory for authentication. If you do not have an account, follow the instructions in the invitational email to create an account. Sitefinity Insight works with both Azure Active Directory Accounts and Microsoft Accounts. An Azure Active Directory Account is obtained from the users’ organization and Microsoft Account is typically for personal use.
Invite users to your account as Account Administrator
When you are an account administrator, you can invite new users to your Sitefinity Insight account and manage their permissions for the account and data centers. Perform the following:
- Go to your account and navigate to Administration » Users » Invite a user.
- Enter the email of the user you want to invite.
- Select one of the following options for user permissions:
To send the invitation, click the Invite this user.
- All data centers and account management
- All data centers
- Selected data centers
From the list, select the data center(s) you want to grant this user access to.
For more information on user rights, see Manage users in accounts and data centers.
RESULT: The user receives an invitation email. To activate the account, the user must follow the activation link in their invitational email and register in Sitefinity Insight.
Add users to data centers
When you are an administrator only to one or more Sitefinity Insight data centers, you can invite users only in the data centers you administer.
- Go to your account and navigate to Administration.
- Select the data center which you want to add a user account to.
NOTE: If you are an administrator of only one data center in an account, Sitefinity Insight skips this step and automatically navigates you to the administration dashboard for this data center.
- Click Access.
- Click Add User.
- Enter the email of the user that you want to invite.
- To send the invitation, click the Give access button.