Persona scoring rules format
A persona scoring rule can be:
- An interaction, or activity, that a visitor completes on your site.
Such rules consist of an interaction a visitor completes and an additional clarification, that is, the object upon which the interaction occurs. Interactions may span across different channels that characterize the visitor’s experience on your website. This experience may include what content the visitor sees, clicks on, downloads, searches for, and so on. You can choose whether visitors score points just once or every time they complete the interaction.
- Personal characteristic or demographic characteristic based on a contact profile property.
These rules consist of a contact profile property and its value. For more information, see Configure contact properties.
By defining a rule, you specify the interaction and the object, or the contact property and its value, and the points visitors score towards a persona if they complete the interaction or provide the respective value. You can also define a scoring rule such that visitors score negative points toward a persona. For more information, see Persona scoring rules.
NOTE: The object of the persona rule is case-insensitive.
When defining the rules, you can choose from the following conditions:
- Contains – contains any of the specified
- Exact match – exactly the specified
- Starts with – starts with exactly the specified
- Ends with – ends with exactly the specified string
Following are some examples of what the URL of the object may be:
- If you select Visit, start typing the page URL
- If you select Download file, start typing the URL of the file
- If you select Search, enter keywords, which the search term contains
NOTE: If you already have an interaction for the URL or fragment in this data center, you can just start typing and the system will autocomplete the URL address or fragment.
Rules are not bound to one scoring type and can be scored against any type with different values (anything different from zero is considered), depending on your requirements.
Visitors matching one or more of these rules accumulate scores towards the respective persona.
To understand how editing rules affect Persona scorings calculations, see Retroactive scoring calculation rules.
If you do not specify threshold, the system assumes a threshold of 1.