Progress Sitefinity Digital Experience Cloud (DEC) is a cloud-based solution that consists of the following main components:
- Digital Experience Cloud web application - the application via which business users work with DEC. The application is a cloud infrastructure powered by Microsoft Azure
- Digital Experience Cloud connector – provides out-of-the-box capabilities for tracking of user behavior on Sitefinity CMS websites
and personalization in Sitefinity CMS based on Sitefinity DEC personas
- Data integration connectors to 3rd party CRM systems - you can import data from Salesforce, Oracle Eloqua, with CSV files, or from other 3rd party systems
- Digital Experience Cloud data analysis and analytics worker – runs a continuous process of normalizing and analyzing uploaded data
- Clients and SDKs - SDKs are wrappers around the REST API. Everything that you can do with the REST API, you can also do with the SDKs:
- .NET SDK - provides integration point on the server side. Apart from using the .NET SDK to upload data, you can use it to retrieve analyzed data. For example, you can check if a particular subject is identified as a given persona.
- REST API – the REST API interacts with DEC and all applications (the web application, the DEC connector, the SDKs) are clients to the API. The REST API provides data access entry points.
The following diagram illustrates how these components work and communicate data with each other:
The Digital Experience Cloud connector provides the tools and means for quick and easy consumption of data from Sitefinity CMS and sending this data to Progress Sitefinity Digital Experience Cloud which then turns it into meaningful reports.