1. ELIGIBILITY. The Progress Software Corporation (“Progress”) .NET Core Coding Challenge (the “Contest”) is open to any developer (who may be entering as an individual or an employee of a Progress customer or partner) who is at least eighteen (18) years of age or the age of legal majority in his or her state or jurisdiction of primary residence at the time of submission (whichever is older), with access to the Internet. Employees of Progress, subsidiaries, affiliates, its parent company, and agents, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each employee are not eligible.
2. ENTRY PERIOD. The Contest will begin on April 15, 2021 at 9am/ET and end on May 31, 2021 at 11pm/ET (the “Contest Period”).
3. ENTRY. To enter the Contest, register at https://www.progress.com/events/sitefinity-net-core-coding-challenge. Develop a solution (web page) using the Sitefinity Developer Kit which will be provided free of charge via the Progress GitHub repository. Submit your developed page per the instructions on the registration page.
There is a limit of one (1) Entry per person.
4. PRIZES Winners will receive Progress branded gifts and promotional items to a value within the range of approximately $50 to $150 (fifty to one hundred and fifty US dollars).
Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Progress in its sole discretion. At its sole discretion, Progress may substitute a prize with an electronic gift card of equal or greater value. Prizes are not redeemable for cash.
5. DETERMINATION OF THE WINNERS. Winners will be chosen from all eligible Entries submitted prior to May 31, 2021 at 11pm/ET. Winners will be selected by a panel of judges from the Progress marketing and product teams, based on the following criteria:
- Visual design and layout
- Clean code
- Innovation and complexity (bonus points for multiple custom widgets created)
There will be a total of 3 winners (the “Winners”) ranked from 1st to 3rd place, as well as up to 2 “honorable mentions” who will win prizes of proportionately smaller value.
6. NOTIFICATION AND REQUIREMENT OF WINNER. Progress will email the Winners within 10 business days of the end of the Contest Period.
All taxes, including federal, state and local taxes, and other expenses related to accepting and/or using the Prize not listed in these Official Rules, are the sole responsibility of the Winner.
7. PRIVACY AND PUBLICITY. You will be required to provide the following Personal Information to register for the Contest: Full name, email address, country of residence, GitHub Repository URL (to the extent that your URL contains personal information). Winners will be required to provide a mailing address in order to receive their prizes, this address will not be used for any other purpose.
Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes your consent to Progress’s use of your name and state/country of residence for promotional purposes, together with screen shots of your Entry, in any media without further payment or consideration, this may include posts on Progress’ social media pages and on Progress’s web-properties.
8. ENTRANT’S WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS. By submitting an Entry, you warrant and represent: (i) the Entry is complete and accurate, (ii) the Entry does not infringe the intellectual property, privacy, publicity, or any other rights of any third party, (iii) the Entry does not violate any law or regulation, (iv) you have the rights to freely enter the Contest without restriction, (v) you are at least eighteen (18) years of age and the age of legal majority in your state or jurisdiction of primary residence at the time of Entry, and (vi) the Entry and your participation in the Contest and agreement to these Official Rules do not violate any applicable policies of or contractual obligations to your school and/or employer.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS. Void where prohibited by law. If any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Progress’ reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, Progress reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Entries not complying with all rules are subject to disqualification. Progress’ failure to enforce any term of these rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Neither Progress or its officers, directors, shareholders and employees (collectively “Releasees”) shall be held liable and Progress shall be held harmless for any damage, loss or injury to you or any third party resulting from participation in this Contest or for the use or misuse of any prize or Releasee’s use of any rights granted herein; nor for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, for any human or other error, for any injury to person or property, arising from your participation in this Contest or any Contest-related activity or from the acceptance, receipt, possession, use or misuse of any prize. Releasees are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, delayed, incorrect, ineligible or misdirected entries, or for any other errors or problems of any kind in connection with or relating to the Contest, including but not limited to, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, processing or determining eligibility. In no event shall Progress be liable for any indirect, punitive, special, incidental or consequential damages, including without limitation damages for loss of income, profits, data or damage to property incurred by you or any third party, arising out of or resulting from this Contest or any related materials, whether in an action in contract or tort, however caused and regardless of the theory of liability, even if you have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Progress makes no representations or warranties whatsoever, in fact or in law, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, title, and fitness for a particular purpose, whether oral, express, implied or statutory and hereby disclaims any and all warranties relating to this Contest or any related materials.
10. DISPUTES. Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these rules, or the rights and obligations of you and Progress in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, USA. Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees. You hereby waive all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
11. SPONSOR AND PROMOTER. The sponsor and promoter of this Contest is Progress Software Corporation, headquartered at 14 Oak Park Drive, Bedford, Massachusetts 01730 USA. Telephone number +1 781-280-4000.
12. OFFICIAL RULES. These rules, terms and conditions comprise the Contest’s Official Rules and official Contest communications or publications by Progress shall govern and apply to all participation and activity arising out of and relating to the Contest. These Official Rules are dated as of 31 March 2021.