World’s #1 Pure Play Embedded Database
The OpenEdge RDBMS is an established, reliable database management system for production systems world-wide, known for its scalability and ease of management. Key benefits include:
- Cost effective: Reduce capital and administrative expenses with a database that runs on laptops, desktops and production servers.
- Productive: Raise productivity with the highly efficient OpenEdge Advanced Business Language (ABL) and the highly effective OpenEdge SQL as they create and report online transaction processing results.
- Easy to administer: OpenEdge production systems’ ease of automation and administration allow your database team to focus on service for the business users.
- Scalable: OpenEdge applications can scale up to thousands of users and multi-terabyte databases.
- Easy to manage: Consolidate datacenter management functions as your business grows.
- Stores data in compact forms, offering savings in disk and memory use
- Offers support for unicode data and index keys (1970 byte)
- Supports 32-bit systems and 64-bit addressable systems as well
- Compatible ODBC, JDBC, and ABL access to data
- Java stored procedures supported by OpenEdge SQL
- Large file support for 64-bit file addressing (requires OS enablement)
- Support for 1,000 files per database storage area
- Support for 32,000 storage areas per database
- Support for 32,000 concurrent users
- Support for tables of up to 9 quintillion rows
- Databases can grow to 5 exabytes
- Support for up to 1 terabyte of memory
For small projects, contact your local Progress Sales Representative about Workgroup and Personal database options.
The Cloud-ready OpenEdge RDBMS is supported on the following platforms:
- HP-UX (PA-RISC) 64- and 32-bit
- HP-UX Itanium2
- IBM AIX Power PC 64-bit
- Linux on POWERPC
- Linux Intel 64-bit
- Red Hat Linux
- SuSE LINUX
- Sun Solaris (SPARC) 64- and 32-bit
- SCO UnixWare