OpenEdge DataServer for Oracle
Superior Application Flexibility Through Access to Virtually Any Data Source
In our connected and collaborative business world, it is not unusual for a company to find itself having to deal with a variety of data sources. The ability to work with data from different sources increases an organization's ability to reach new customers or work with new partners more effectively. Progress® OpenEdge® DataServers provide transparent access from applications written in the OpenEdge Advanced Business Language (ABL) to a wide range of heterogeneous, non-OpenEdge data sources.
Progress OpenEdge DataServers enable the development and deployment of Advanced Business Language (ABL) and web-based applications geared to today’s heterogeneous, distributed computing environment.
The same ABL application logic can run against both the OpenEdge RDBMS and non-OpenEdge data sources, considerably extending the reach of OpenEdge ABL applications. Providing full read, write, update and delete capabilities to diverse data management systems, OpenEdge DataServers enable software developers to write applications once and deploy them across a range of data sources. DataServers also enable existing ABL and web-based applications to access non-OpenEdge data sources, allowing the integration of new and legacy applications with diverse data sources.
OpenEdge DataServers provide proven scalability across multiple hardware platforms. They support application clients including Citrix, UNIX® and the various implementations of Microsoft Windows.
OpenEdge DataServers combine the rapid application development benefits of the OpenEdge component-based development environment with the high performance of today’s powerful database engines. Other benefits include:
- Promotes efficient application development and maintenance
- Allows the development of applications independent of the deployment database
- Provides reliable on-line transaction processing and performance
- Supports host-based, Web-based, client/server and multi-tier environments
For additional benefits click here for Data Sheet
Features of the OpenEdge DataServer for Oracle include:
- Consistent application behavior such as locking, scrolling, sort order, and case sensitivity to simplify development and deployment.
- An incremental schema change utility to simplify application upgrades
- Allows optimistic updates to reduce locking contention and increase total throughput
- Support for stored procedures
For additional features click here for Data Sheet
OpenEdge DataServer for Oracle is supported on the following platforms:
-HP-UX (PA-RISC) 64bit
-IBM AIX Power PC 64 and 32bit
-Linux on POWERPC
-Linux x86 64 and 32bit
-Sun Solaris (SPARC) 64 and 32bit
Click here for Product Availability Guide