- Providing explanations & guidance of:
- Standard product functionality
- Supported configurations
- Best practices for product usage
- Knowledgebase Articles
- Product API usage through code samples
- Diagnose/troubleshoot warnings, errors and exceptions within the iMacros application
- Perform Root Cause Analysis
- Check product configurations
- Analyze iMacros logs
- Provide assistance to isolate the root cause of reported behaviors in the product or customization of the product or general areas of custom code
Product Defects & Enhancement Requests
- Diagnose and report bugs that appear to be in iMacros
- Diagnose bugs in product extensibility using iMacros API. Customer shall isolate issue to a sample of reproducible code
- Suggest workarounds for product defects where possible
- Provide guidance on how to access new releases
- Provide guidance on how to request in product Enhancements
Product, Compatibility & Version Information
- Provide clarification of platform compatibility
- Suggest specific Progress products to accomplish specific goals
The iMacros Technical Support team can suggest remote sessions for the purpose of observing the reported behavior on the customer's environment. These sessions are initiated by the Technical Support Engineer applying best judgment into determining
the best approach for progressing the case through resolution. If you require support from our support team and your current iMacros license is a Personal Edition license, which does not include access to Technical Support, please contact our Sales Team to
discuss upgrade/renewal options.
iMacros Phone Assistance is available for all new iMacros Professional and Enterprise license sales. iMacros Personal Edition support is limited to the community
only and does not have access to Technical Support. iMacros Personal edition customers can access the iMacros forum and our
online documentation for support. iMacros Personal edition customers can access Progress Knowledge Base articles,
iMacros forum and our online documentation for support.
Working with Support
- Providing assistance on issues with:
What is Not Covered
For areas that fall outside the scope of Technical Support, we recommend that you consult with our Professional Services team
Below are items explicitly defined as outside the scope of support. However, if something is not explicitly mentioned in either the "What is Covered" or "What is Not Covered" sections, it is assumed to be not covered. Ask your Support Engineer or a Support
Manager to clarify as needed.
Technical Support services are not available for iMacros Personal Edition licenses. iMacros Personal Edition license owners can receive support via the Progress Knowledge Base articles, iMacros forum and our
Code Provided By Technical Support Or Sources Other Than What Was Installed With The Product
iMacros Technical Support provides support (based on the What Is Covered section) for what is installed with the product (3rd party products excluded). During the course of developing a work around to a specific customer question, Technical Support may
provide code to the customer that may be customized to meet the customer's needs. This code is provided with no guarantee it will work in future versions of the product. In addition, customers often obtain code from other sources, such as GitHub.
This code was not installed with the product and is therefore not supported by iMacros Technical Support.
iMacros support service does not include auditing your site/code for any purpose (recommendations, etc.)
Custom implementation for client requirements, including:
- Provide custom implementation
- Implement a solution using customer-written code or applications
iMacros support service does not include upgrading client products. We may provide assistance on upgrade-related questions and post-upgrade issues and in doing so, may request the client’s original (pre-upgrade) code in order to investigate the
iMacros support service does not include migrating legacy iMacros installations. We may provide assistance in the form of guidance on best practices, sharing available resources, or helping resolve post-migration issues related to the iMacros product
and its API.
Performance Tuning of iMacros Code or Running Performance Analysis on Client Code
- Analyze custom code and implementation for performance issues
- Tune the performance of a site
Refactor & Debug Custom Code
While in the process of debugging an iMacros issue Technical Support will analyze the iMacros code to identify root cause, however, we will not perform general debugging or refactoring to improve overall code quality
Debug Environmental Issues
Client issues related to environments which are not set up according to our official documentation are considered outside of the scope of the iMacros support service. We may propose our best practices approaches and offer clients advice based upon general
or function of iMacros. Security mechanisms might include but are not limited to credentials, authentication methods, network policies, endpoint security, GPOs, Data Loss Prevention (DLP) etc.
Remote Debugging Client Issues
Remote debugging sessions do not cover implementing, debugging or modifying the iMacros code or environments. During these sessions the Technical Support Engineer might observe the code configuration and may suggest modifications to it.
General Environment & Networking Tasks
- Disaster recovery planning
- Overall environment architecture planning
- Proactive monitoring of the application environment
- Code Review or optimization
- Administrate, configure or debug the customer’s code
Third-Party product support
- Recommend, assess or troubleshoot third-party products
- Support files or contributions not created with iMacros or supporting files from 3rd parties, Communities or Professional Services
- Unauthorized modifications made to shipped iMacros product files, code or scripts
Technical Support will not provide training outside of the Product Guidance & Troubleshooting section listed under “What is Covered”. This includes training individuals that are new to the product or performing implementation.
Providing direct access to Development staff
Support for Trial/Evaluation Licenses
Technical support during product evaluation is provided by our pre-sales engineers, and we encourage you to contact us through your sales representative with any questions
you may have prior to purchasing the product.
The information provided on this and related page(s) is intended to outline Progress’ general iMacros support services and iMacros product features. It is intended for informational purposes only and should not be relied upon when making any purchasing
decision. Please see the iMacros End User License Agreement for details, limitations and exclusions.