Developing a Progress OpenEdge Web App Using Kendo UI Builder
This course is for developers who are responsible for creating Progress® OpenEdge® web apps using Kendo UI® Builder.
Product Version: Progress OpenEdge 11.6.SP3 or later and Kendo UI Builder V1.0.
Duration: Equivalent to 4 hours of instructor-led training
Kendo UI® Builder by Progress® supports the design and development of a modern web UI for an OpenEdge application in the form of a deployable web app with access to one or more OpenEdge Advanced Business Language® (OpenEdge ABL) application services implemented as OpenEdge Data Object Services.
In this course, you will learn how to develop a web app that presents a variety of views of the data to the user. In Kendo UI Builder, you will create the web app, which uses OpenEdge Data Object Services as sources of data. After you create the web app, you will test it. Finally, you will learn how to deploy the web app to Progress Application Server for OpenEdge (PAS for OpenEdge).
This course is available as Instructor-Led Training
and online with a subscription to the Progress Education Community
What you will learn
After completing this course you should be able to:
- Describe an OpenEdge web app.
- Create a web app.
- Configure a data provider for a web app.
- Create a module in a web app.
- Create views in a module.
- Configure the properties of a view.
- Build and test the web app.
- Customize the data source for a data provider.
- Customize the appearance of the web app.
- Customize how the web app handles UI events.
- Deploy the web app to PAS for OpenEdge
You should already be able to:
- Perform basic Windows tasks:
- Start an application.
- Navigate the file system.
- View log files.
- Perform basic tasks in Progress Developer Studio for OpenEdge:
- Define a workspace.
- Create a project.
- Use Project Explorer to navigate within the workspace.