Creating Progress OpenEdge Data Object Services for Kendo UI Builder
This course is for Progress® OpenEdge® developers who will create OpenEdge Data Object services to use OpenEdge Advanced Business Language® (OpenEdge ABL) data and logic from the Telerik platform or other platforms and systems that support Data Object services.
Product Version: Progress OpenEdge 11.6.3
Duration: Equivalent to 4 hours of instructor-led training
Progress® OpenEdge Data Object services enable you to access ABL® data and logic from Kendo UI® Clients. In this course, you will learn how to create Data Object services that run in a Progress Application Server for OpenEdge® (PAS for OpenEdge) environment. You will also learn how to test Data Object services and package them for deployment.
This course is available as Instructor-Led Training
and online with a subscription to the Progress Education Community
What you will learn
After completing this course you should be able to:
- Describe Data Object services.
- Create an ABL Web App project.
- Convert an existing OpenEdge project to an ABL Web App project.
- Create a Data Object interface using the New Business Entity wizard.
- Create a Data Object interface using the Define Service Interface wizard.
- Create a Data Object service using the New ABL Service wizard.
- Test the Data Object services using Uniform Resource Identifiers (URIs).
- Package Data Object services as an ABL Web Application.
You should already be able to:
- Use Progress Developer Studio for application development.
- Develop an ABL application.