Creating Progress OpenEdge Data Object Services (PAS for OpenEdge)
This course is for OpenEdge developers who will create Data Object services to use ABL data and logic from the Telerik platform or other platforms/systems that support Data Object services.
Product Version: Progress OpenEdge 11.6
Duration: Equivalent to 4 hours of instructor-led training
OpenEdge Data Object services enable you to access ABL data and logic from Kendo UI Clients. In this course, you will learn how to create Data Object services that run in a Progress Application Server for OpenEdge (PAS for OpenEdge) environment. You will also learn how to test Data Object services and package them for deployment. Finally, you will learn how to write ABL code to support server-side preprocessing.
This course is available as Instructor-Led Training
and online with a subscription to the Progress Education Community
What you will learn
After completing this course you should be able to:
- Describe Data Object services.
- Create an ABL Web App project.
- Convert an existing OpenEdge project to an ABL Web App project.
- Create a Data Object interface using the New Business Entity wizard.
- Create a Data Object interface using the Define Service Interface wizard.
- Create a Data Object service using the New ABL Service wizard.
- Test the Data Object services using Uniform Resource Identifiers (URIs).
- Package Data Object services as an ABL Web Application.
- Update Business Entities to support server-side preprocessing.
You should already be able to:
- Use Developer Studio for application development
- Develop an ABL application