This course is for OpenEdge ABL developers and solution developers.
Starting with Progress OpenEdge 11, Progress Software Corporation provides builtin multi-tenancy, making it easier and faster for you to develop and deploy multitenant databases and applications. OpenEdge 11 implements and manages multitenancy at the database level, not at the application level. As a result, multi-tenancy is transparent to the application. A business application that was used previously by just one set of users (that is, one tenant) can be made to work, without extensive application code changes, as a multi-tenant application. Then, all tenants can use the same application instance to access their own data.
This course teaches the key tasks to build an OpenEdge 11 multi-tenant application. First, you will learn how to prepare for a multi-tenant application environment and enable a database for multi-tenancy. Next, you will learn how to create tenants, domains, users, tenant groups, and sequences, and load definitions and data. Then, you will learn about OpenEdge identity management and how to add identity management and super-tenant functionality to an application. Finally, you will learn how to use the Progress ABL API to create tenants, domains, users, and groups.
This course is available as Instructor-Led Training
and online with a subscription to the Progress Education Community
What you will learn
After completing this course you should be able to:
- Describe OpenEdge 11 multi-tenancy.
- Enable OpenEdge 11 multi-tenancy for a database.
- Describe OpenEdge identity management.
- Create tenants, domains, and users.
- Load definitions and data.
- Add identity management functionality to an application.
- Create tenant groups.
- Create sequences.
- Add super tenant functionality to an application.
- Use the ABL API to create tenants, domains, users, and groups.
You should already be able to:
- Program in Progress ABL.
- Administer Progress OpenEdge databases.