Progress® Rollbase® Version 5.3.1 Release Notes
December 12th, 2018
- For information on supported platforms, see here.
- For Third party acknowledgments, refer product documentation or the installation directory.
Following is the list of issues fixed with this release.
||After Create Trigger on record created from Portal throws "You do not have permissions to view this record".
||Modified Server API permissions and app with formula field in 4.5.x causes error when importing the App XML into 18.104.22.168
||After upgrading to 5.3, all the portal pages display incorrect portal date format.
||Session fixation issue and clear session on logout issue due to incorrect attributes in JSESSIONID.
||When Rollbase is configured with Tomcat 9, change in tenant's localization settings is not updated.
||databases.xml rewrites each time on every rollbase startup even without any change in the database details
||Value changes within the shared property DefaultDateFormat are not picked up dynamically.
- On an existing Rollbase setups, in case if any user encounters "Error: no column assigned to Expression field Installation Expression" while updating records from Published Application, the workaround is to convert the expression field to 'formula' and then back to 'expression'. (This error should never occur in a fresh setup)
- MySQL Connector/J 8.0 is now recommended for MySQL 8.0. A notable change is that the driver’s class name has been changed from com.mysql.jdbc.Driver to com.mysql.cj.jdbc.Driver. With MySQL Connector/J 8.0, although the older class name is supported, it is advised to update the class name for existing databases.
- MySQL JDBC driver (8.0) drivers may affect Date/Time field values. If any errors are encountered during Tomcat startup, please refer to this article. A date/time field may retain the current/correct date, but the time component might show a future time (such as 1:42 PM instead of the current time of 8:42 AM). The driver now expects an additional parameter ‘serverTimezone’ in the connection URL.
- Primary keys are now added to RB_RELATIONSHIP and RB_TRANSLATION tables. While executing the update_5.3.0.sql script if either or both of these tables contain any duplicate records, Duplicate entry / Primary Key Constraint Violation errors will be seen. To resolve such errors, please follow the approach detailed in article.
- For OpenEdge and Oracle databases, login names are now case insensitive. If more than one user with the same login name exists, regardless of case, the user may fail to login. In this event, the login name entries need to be fixed manually in the database. For other databases, the login name is already case insensitive.
- In REST APIs, newly introduced shared properties UseISODateFormatInRESTJSON and UseISODateFormatInRESTXMLQuery are enabled by default. As a result, Date, Date/Time fields (including Expression and Formula fields whose return type is Date or Date/Time) return the values in ISO format. To fallback to earlier behavior, these properties need to be disabled explicitly.