"Write once, run anywhere" support for Mobile App Development and Deployment
As part of the OpenEdge 11.2 release, the Progress OpenEdge Mobile App Builder product helps our partners bridge the "app gap" by allowing them to "write once, run anywhere." This provides a quick and easy way for partners to get applications up and running on all mobile operating systems, including iOS and Android. It also allows them to continuously and efficiently update applications as the mobile market evolves and new devices are introduced.
OpenEdge 11.2 provides a complete end-to-end solution for supporting mobile devices with OpenEdge applications and gives you:
- A state-of-the-art architecture for building mobility solutions
- A hybrid approach to address multiple device types such as iOS and Android with a single code base -- "write once, run anywhere"
- A standards-based, open architecture to build native mobile apps for specific platforms and connect to back-end OpenEdge services via the popular and well known REST protocol
- Connection of mobile apps to the proven, scalable OpenEdge platform with all of its benefits
- An intuitive, highly productive visual designer -- the OpenEdge Mobile App Builder – that allows easy drag-and-drop development of mobile user interfaces
For more information, watch this brief video about the recently launched Progress OpenEdge Mobile App Builder product and how it can enable partners to speed the application development of critical business applications for mobile devices.