Relational Database Management System (RDBMS)
The Progress OpenEdge Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) leads the database market with low cost of ownership and the ability to scale to meet the demands of enterprise applications, e-commerce and application service providers.
The OpenEdge database can handle thousands of users and high-traffic loads with sub-second response times. It helps to ensure that users are productive, customers are satisfied, and, for SaaS/Cloud computing environments, service-level agreements are met.
World's #1 Pure Play Embedded Database
The OpenEdge RDBMS is an established, reliable database management system for production systems world-wide, known for its scalability and ease of management. Key benefits include:
- Cost effective: Reduce capital and administrative expenses with a database that runs on laptops, desktops and production servers.
- Productive: Raise productivity with the highly efficient OpenEdge Advanced Business Language (ABL) and the highly effective OpenEdge SQL as they create and report online transaction processing results.
- Easy to administer: OpenEdge production systems' ease of automation and administration allow your database team to focus on service for the business users.
- Scalable: OpenEdge applications can scale up to thousands of users and multi-terabyte databases.
- Easy to manage: Consolidate datacenter management functions as your business grows.
- Stores data in compact forms, offering savings in disk and memory use
- Offers support for unicode data and index keys (1970 byte)
- Supports 32-bit systems and 64-bit addressable systems as well
- Compatible ODBC, JDBC, and ABL access to data
- Java stored procedures supported by OpenEdge SQL
- Large file support for 64-bit file addressing (requires OS enablement)
- Support for 1,000 files per database storage area
- Support for 32,000 storage areas per database
- Support for 32,000 concurrent users
- Support for tables of up to 9 quintillion rows
- Databases can grow to 5 exabytes
- Support for up to 1 terabyte of memory
For small projects, contact your local Progress Sales Representative about Workgroup and Personal database options.
The Cloud-ready OpenEdge RDBMS is supported on the following platforms:
- HP-UX (PA-RISC) 64- and 32-bit
- HP-UX Itanium2
- IBM AIX Power PC 64-bit
- Linux on POWERPC
- Linux Intel 64-bit
- Red Hat Linux
- SuSE LINUX
- Sun Solaris (SPARC) 64- and 32-bit
- SCO UnixWare
Or, you may also be interested in learning about: