Progress DataDirect Autonomous REST Connector for ODBC
An asterisk (*) indicates support that was added in a hotfix or software patch subsequent to a release.
- The driver has been enhanced to support OAuth 2.0 authentication.*
- The driver supports SQL read-only access to REST API endpoints that return JSON payloads.
- The driver supports all ODBC Core and Level 1 functions and some Level 1 and Level 2 features.
The driver supports standard JSON data types and additional data types through data type inference.
- The driver supports using internal memory or a configurable REST file to define REST responses and relational mapping.
- The driver heuristically maps data types, eliminating the need to define native data types in most scenarios.
- The driver supports basic, HTTP-header based, URL-Parameter based and no authentication.
The driver supports the handling of large result sets with configurable paging and the Fetch Size connection option.
- The driver includes a new Tableau data source file (Windows only) that provides improved functionality when accessing your data with Tableau.
The following Windows platforms have reached the end of their product lifecycle
and are no longer supported by the driver*:
- Windows 8.0 (versions 8.1 and higher are still supported)
- Windows Vista (all versions)
- Windows XP (all versions)
- Windows Server 2003 (all versions)