Progress DataDirect’s ODBC Driver for Clipper offers a high-performing, secure and reliable connectivity solution for ODBC applications to access Clipper data. Our ODBC driver can be easily used with all versions of SQL and across all platforms - Unix / Linux, AIX, Solaris, Windows and HP-UX. Enjoy real-time analytics, reporting and business intelligence (BI) capabilities with your favorite tools such as Tableau, Power BI, Qlik, Excel, Cognos, Informatica, SAS, Board, MicroStrategy, SSIS, Oracle OBIEE and more.
- Get instant SQL connectivity to Clipper with a single connector
- Enable Clipper data integration with minimal components
- Retrieve data from compatible files quickly and easily
SQL Up Leveling/ Full ANSI SQL Support
SQL up-leveling provides the capability to write a SQL statement that can be executed across multiple databases, regardless of the databases’ SQL implementation. For example, a SQL statement written against Oracle will also be interoperable with DB2.
Encryption SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 Compliant
We keep our SSL version up to date. Upon identification of any security vulnerability, Progress will exercise commercially reasonable efforts to address the vulnerability in accordance with the following policy.
Progress DataDirect management of packet-based network communication provides unsurpassed packet transport, network round trips and data buffering optimization. (socket management). Includes performance methodology for throughput and resource utillization (CPU/memory)
TSANet Multi-Vendor Support Channel
We live for your next big customer. Make sure your customers are successful with 24/7 partner support and access to expertise from our engineering teams, partnerships and leading technology companies such as Microsoft, Oracle, and IBM through our TSANet multi vendor support channel.
Day 1 Support for any new versions
Day One Support for disruptive technologies with frequent release cycles. With this strategy - the first of its kind for any data connectivity provider - Progress DataDirect on-premises ODBC and JDBC drivers will support any new versions of supported data sources.
Use one ODBC driver for all versions of SQL that works across all platforms - Unix / Linux, AIX, Solaris, Windows and HP-UX .
Progress DataDirect Connect for ODBC dBase Driver
(32-bit drivers are available for all supported databases and platforms.)
ODBC Version Support
- Compatible with ODBC 3.8 applications
Operating System Support
- AIX, version 5.3, 6.1, 7.1 and higher
- HP-UX PA-RISC, version 11 and higher
Linux x86 (32-bit for AMD and Intel processors)
- CentOS Linux x86, version 4.0, 5.0, 6.0, 7.0, 8.0 and higher
- Debian Linux x86, version 7.0, 8.0 and higher
- Oracle Linux x86, version 4.0, 5.0, 6.0, 7.0, 8.0 and higher
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux x86, version 4.0, 5.0, 6.0, 7.0, 8.0 and higher
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server Linux x86, version 10, 11, 12, 15 and higher
- Ubuntu Linux x86, version 14.04, 16.04, 18.04 and higher
- Solaris on SPARC, version 8 (Solaris 5.8), 9, 10, 11 and higher
- Windows (x86), version 7, 8.1, 10 and higher
- Windows Server (x86), version 2008, 2012, 2016 and higher
Driver/Client Software Requirements
Progress DataDirect Connect for ODBC dBASE Driver