Progress DataDirect Connect XE for JDBC for Greenplum
An asterisk (*) indicates support that was added in a hotfix or software patch subsequent to a release.
- Certified with Greenplum 4.3
- Certified with Pivotal HDB (HAWQ) 2.0*
- Certified with Pivotal HAWQ 1.2
- The CryptoProtocolVersion connection property has been added to the driver. This property can be used to avoid vulnerabilities associated with SSLv3 and SSLv2, including the POODLE vulnerability.
- Support for result set holdability has been added to the driver.
- Added the RegisterStatementPoolMonitorMBean connection property. Note that the
driver no longer registers the Statement Pool Monitor as a JMX MBean by default.
You must set RegisterStatementPoolMonitorMBean to true to register the Statement Pool Monitor and manage statement pooling with standard JMX API calls.*
- Certified with Pivotal HAWQ 1.1
- Added SSL support for Greenplum 4.2, incorporating eight additional connection properties
- Added SupportsCatalogs connection property, which enables driver support for catalog calls
- Added four connection properties to handle VARCHAR, LONGVARCHAR, and NUMERIC data types: MaxVarcharSize, MaxLongVarcharSize, MaxNumericPrecision, and MaxNumericScale
GA Release Features
- Supports SQL access to Greenplum 3.2 and higher
- Supports connection pooling
- Supports the DataDirect Bulk Load API
- Includes the TransactionErrorBehavior connection property which determines how the driver handles errors that occur within a transaction
- Includes the LoginTimeout connection property which allows you to specify the amount of time the driver waits for a connection to be established before timing out the connection request
GA Release CERTIFICATIONS
- Certified with Greenplum 4.0, 4.1, and 4.2
- Certified with Greenplum 3.2 and 3.3