Progress DataDirect Connect for JDBC for PostgreSQL
An asterisk (*) indicates support that was added in a hotfix or software patch subsequent to a release.
For a list a list of issues resolved since general availability, refer to the fixes.
- Certified with Yellowbrick Data Warehouse*
Driver Version 6.0.0.000478 (F001356.U000687)
- Certified with PostgreSQL 14*
Driver version 6.0.0.000318 (F001235.U000640)
- The driver has been enhanced with the new EnablePrepareThreshold and
PrepareThreshold connection properties, which allow you to configure the
behavior of server-side prepared statements. Refer to the user's guide for
- The driver has been enhanced to support stored procedures for PostgreSQL 11 and later.
- The CallEscapeBehavior connection property has been added to the driver. It determines whether the driver calls a user-defined function or a stored
procedure. Refer to the user's guide for details.
- The driver has been enhanced to support the following types of data types:
- Geometric types
- Network address types
- Monetary types
- Date/time types
- Range types
- The driver has been enhanced to support the TXID_SNAPSHOT data type.
- The driver has been enhanced to support the SCRAM-SHA-256 authentication method, which uses a hashing mechanism for encrypting passwords to establish
a secure connection with PostgreSQL (v10.0 and higher). This method requires a Java Virtual Machine (JVM) that is Java SE 8 or higher.
- The driver has been enhanced to include timestamp in the Spy and JDBC packet
logs by default. If required, you can disable the timestamp logging by
specifying the following at connection: For Spy logs, set
spyAttributes=(log=(file)Spy.log;timestamp=no) and for JDBC packet logs,
- Interactive SQL for JDBC (JDBCISQL) is now installed with the product.
JDBCISQL is a command-line interface that supports connecting your driver
to a data source, executing SQL statements and retrieving results in a
terminal. This tool provides a method to quickly test your drivers in an
environment that does not support GUIs.
- The driver has been enhanced to support a customized version of the PostgreSQL COPY command. It provides an additional keyword, LOCALFILE, to allow you to copy data from or to standard file-system files that are stored anywhere on your network, not just on the database server. For details, refer to the user's guide.
- The driver has been enhanced to support the PostgreSQL COPY command for batch inserts. When BatchMechanism is set to copy, the driver leverages the
PostgreSQL COPY command for substantial performance gains.
- The driver has been enhanced to support retrieving the values of auto-generated keys.
- The driver has been enhanced to support the following data types:
Citext, JSON, JSONB, and UUID.
- The driver has been enhanced to support the Kerberos authentication protocol with the following connection properties:
- The ExtendedColumnMetadata connection property has been added to the driver. This property determines how the driver returns column metadata when
retrieving results with ResultSetMetaData methods.
- The RegisterStatementPoolMonitorMBean connection property has been added to the driver. Note that the driver no longer registers the Statement Pool Monitor as a JMX MBean by default.
You must set RegisterStatementPoolMonitorMBean to true to register the Statement Pool Monitor and manage statement pooling with standard JMX API calls.