A local data provider is a set of arrays of JSON objects.
Currently, the Studio does not support hierarchy for local data providers.
To set up a local data provider:
- On the Dashboard, click the card (or list item) of the application to open the App Design page.
- On the App Design page, click Add Data Provider. As a result, the Add Data Provider dialog box appears.
- By default the selected data provider type is Local Data Provider.
- In Name, provide the name of the data provider.
- Click Add Data Provider to save the settings of the data provider and close the Add Data Provider dialog box. As a result, the App Design page displays the card for the newly added data provider.
When you first create your application, you might choose to use a different local dataset. To override the already added data of that data provider:
- Generate the web application.
- For Angular, go to
../app/src/assets/local-db.jsonand update the JSON in the file. For React, go to
../app/public/local-db.jsonand update the JSON in the file.