Get started with Sitefinity Cloud
Once a user's account has been created they will receive an email invitation from the Sitefinity Cloud team. This email contains the user's login username, the Sitefinity Cloud account URL and further instructions how to proceed. Depending on whether your users have an Azure AD account, or you have integrated your Active directory with Azure, they will have to go through the following process to complete their Sitefinity Cloud account provisioning:
- Existing Azure AD or private AD synced with Azure AD - users will receive an email invitation on their corporate emails. These users could sign in to Sitefinity Cloud with their own work identity.
- Non-existing or private AD - users will receive an invitation on their corporate emails. Users will then have to follow the instructions in the email to set their own passwords with Azure.
- Social Email Addresses (Outlook.com, Gmail, Yahoo, etc.) - These users can sign in to Sitefinity Cloud with their public identity by connecting their existing email accounts to Azure AD.
Login to the Management Portal
Upon successful account provisioning you will be able to login to the Sitefinity Cloud Management Portal with your account. The invitation email contains your organization's Sitefinity Cloud URL.
Once you login to your Sitefinity Cloud Management Portal, you are presented with your project Dashboard. This is the central hub for your project, containing useful information and shortcuts to important areas. From your dashboard you can easily access:
- Production and Staging environments public and backend URLs
- Production and Staging environments logs
- Application metrics and Deployment dashboards
- Database backups
The dashboard is visible by everyone who has access to your Sitefinity Cloud project Management Portal. It is based on Azure DevOps Wiki, and you can easily customize it to suit your project needs, add more useful shortcuts, or share information with other team members.
Login to your Sitefinity website
You can access your production Sitefinity website on the domain you have provided upon setting up your project. The staging website URL is also available at wwwstg.yourwebsitedomain. For your convenience, both the production and staging website domains are listed on your Sitefinity Cloud account home page Wiki.
To login to your Sitefinity website backend in Sitefinity cloud follow these steps:
- Navigate to the website backend URL, for example www.yoursebsitedomain.com/Sitefinity
- On the backend login form use the Sitefinity Cloud (via Azure B2B) option
- You will be automatically redirected to Microsoft Azure to complete your login
Login to Azure Portal
Via the integration with Azure AD, Sitefinity Cloud provides a seamless single sign-on (SSO) experience between all components of the solution. Using your Sitefinity Cloud account, you can log in to the Azure Portal to see your website Application Insights. A shortcut to Application Insights is also available on each metric available on your Application Metrics dashboard. For more information about Sitefinity Cloud dashboards, see Dashboards.