Blogs list widget
Use this widget to display a list of created blogs.
PREREQUISITES: You have created at least one blog. You must have selected the default page where the blog posts will open. For more information, see Create blogs.
After you have dragged the Blogs list widget on your page, to configure the display of the list of blogs, perform the following:
- If you are using multiple site management and the Blogs module uses data sources from more than one site, you must first choose the source from which you want to display blogs.
For more information, see Multisite: Manage multiple sites.
- Click Edit button in the upper-right corner of the widget.
The Edit window appears.
- Select Which blogs to display?, by choosing one of the following:
- All blogs
All created blogs are displayed.
- Blogs with no more than <number> posts.
Displays all blogs that have posts exceeding the number, you enter in the input field.
- Only blogs that have posts not older than <number> months.
Displays all blogs, whose posts are created prior to the number that you enter in the input field.
- Choose how to sort the list of posts, by selecting one of the following:
- Alphabetically (A-Z)
Sorts the blogs by their names.
- By date of the last post (newest on top)
The blog with the newest post is displayed first.
- Select which template to use to display the list.
You can create a custom template by clicking Create new template. You can edit an existing template by selecting it and clicking Edit.
For more information, see Create and edit widget templates.
- When you are finished with all the settings, click Save.
The window closes and the Blogs list widget is configured to display a list of your blogs.
NOTE: If your site is multilingual and the page you are editing is synchronized with another translation, when you edit the widget, the Save to all translations button appears. If you click it, the current widget configuration will be saved to all translations, else, if you click Save, the widget configuration is saves only to the current translation, but the pages are still synchronized. If your pages are synchronized, you can have different widget configurations, but you cannot have different widgets.
For more information about advanced configuration options, see Advanced configuration of widgets.