We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a professional services consultant focused on our network management solution, WhatsUp Gold JOB SUMMARY
Your primary focus as a professional services consultant will be delivering services directly to customers through remote meeting sessions. Customer meetings are mainly installing and configuring Progress Network Management solution, WhatsUp Gold. Every customer environment varies slightly, so you will be exposed to various technologies, both new and old, which will present many learning opportunities. If our solution can’t achieve what your customer is asking for directly out-of-the-box, you will create customizations to ensure the customer’s requirements are met. Most customizations are made using the PowerShell scripting language, some of your customizations may inspire additions or changes within the solution itself.WHAT YOU’LL DO IN THIS ROLE:
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, WE NEED SOMEONE WHO HAS:
- Administer the professional services management system and adding new projects to it, keeping software up to date within sales demonstration environments
- Periodically act as an escalation point for the sales engineering and technical support teams, answering questions, or solving complex problems which require your expertise
- Provide your insight and expertise to the product marketing team by way of interview, blog post, or webinar
- Help shape the future of the solution by collaborating with our product management team, providing your insights gained from customers, creating enhancement requests, entering defect reports, and offering your opinions on the prioritization of features and defects as well as testing new releases
- Periodically create test systems that allow you to research and learn, or to grant our sales engineers the ability to easily demonstrate new use cases
- Deep understanding of obtaining data through SNMP and WMI
- Excellent general troubleshooting skills
- Experience with Windows and *nix operating systems
- Experience with AWS, Azure, and Meraki cloud portals
- Experience with PowerShell, VBScript, Jscript, Bash, ASP, TSQL
- Experience integrating solutions by leveraging REST APIs and third-party frameworks
- Eagerness to research and learn many technologies
- Experience with WhatsUp Gold, SolarWinds Orion, PRTG, Nagios, or any IT monitoring solution
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their careers, and plan for financial success.
The Progress benefits package is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our workforce. We offer a variety of benefits for your health care needs, including four medical plans that meet any need or budget. Take advantage of our financial benefits, including an Employee Stock Purchasing Plan and a 401(k) with a company match! In addition to a variety of options to continue your career growth, Progress offers a generous Tuition Reimbursement program.
Progress provides flexibility to our employees through Flexible Vacation Time, Flexible Hours, and telecommuting options. Take time to bond with your newest family addition through our Parental Leave options. Or celebrate you by enjoying a birthday holiday! You can even give back to the community through our community service time off.
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!