We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a VP, Software Engineering for our Core Product Group in our Sofia, Bulgaria location.
As the VP, Software Engineering for a significant portion of the Progress product portfolio, you will be responsible for the delivery of new functional releases, maintenance updates, acquisition integration and revenue growth for a number of products and components.
You will lead a global organization and drive improvements in performance, quality, velocity, and predictability. You will be responsible for all aspects of management of the organization, including budgeting, organizational design, scaling for growth, program execution and elevation of agile, and security and quality practices.
You will work closely with the Product Management and UX teams to develop strategy and roadmaps that address existing customer requirements and market needs. You will also work closely with the Sales, Support and Customer Success teams to ensure successful adoption of new releases and ensure that customers and partners gain maximum value from the software that you deliver, both in on-premise and SaaS delivery models.
Success will be measured through the ability to deliver, revenue performance, effective integration of acquisitions and organizational scaling, customer adoption/satisfaction, and employee growth/retention.
What you’ll do:
- Partner cross-functionally to develop the product strategy and roadmaps for the product line(s)
- Own, develop, and communicate our technology strategy, architecture and roadmap and ensure alignment with our broader business goals and product vision
- Build and manage the whole software delivery process and cadence within the engineering team to deliver high-quality releases in line with agreed-upon planning horizons in an efficient manner
- Partner cross-functionally to ensure customer success with the products that you deliver
- Build, lead, and evolve a high-performance engineering organization that possesses the appropriate skills and capabilities for current and anticipated future projects including acquisitions. This includes developing and managing goals, budgets, and strategic and operational objectives and key results (OKRs).
- Continuously evaluate and improve the capabilities of the team. Identify and execute projects that will eliminate waste and delay, reduce cost and accelerate delivery of customer value.
- Recruit world-class managers and individual contributors to increase our engineering capacity and solidify succession plans to meet strategic and operating objectives.
- Anticipate changes in the industry as it relates to architectural approaches and technology evolution and product-domain specific market trends to influence product and engineering direction.
- Maintain awareness of industry trends in development approaches and methodologies (agile, DevOps.); tools and techniques. Evaluate how to leverage and adopt or adapt these as appropriate.
- Represent Progress at internal and external events such as Progress annual user conference, user group events, and more
To be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Extensive experience as a software engineering manager delivering infrastructure products, platforms, and technologies
- A strategic leader with proven ability to translate business goals to engineering strategy and tactical plans
- Experience in hiring, leading and scaling a high-performing engineering team to 100- people and beyond, and creating a team culture that has a sense of purpose and urgency
- Experience in working across international organizations is a must
- Experience with integration of acquisitions and change management in executing organizational scaling
- Experience deploying and executing agile development approaches. Experience with the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) is an advantage
- Expert understanding of software development processes and lifecycle management
- Demonstrated change and transformation leadership
- Assessed and developed talent to ensure the success of the roadmap and our customers
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Continual assessment, refinement, maturation, implementation, and enforcement of engineering standards and best practices
- Ability to deliver high-quality results under aggressive timelines and budgets
- This position requires 25% of global travel, including customers, sales offices, and remote development sites
So, if you can bring relevant experience and show up with energy and enthusiasm we want to hear from you!
What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a talented team and to also enjoy:
- Generous remuneration package, including 13th salary
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan Enrollment
Vacation, Family and Health
- 30 days paid annual vacation
- An extra day off for your birthday
- 2 additional days off for volunteering
- Premium healthcare and dental care coverage
- Additional pension insurance
- Well-equipped gym on-site with CrossFit equipment and a climbing wall
- Co-funded Multisport card
- Daycare Center for your little ones onsite
Аnd even more perks
- Flexible working hours and generous work-from-home allowance
- Free underground parking with a designated space for bikes and electric scooters.
And most importantly a great company culture with wonderful colleagues to learn from and collaborate with!