We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a VP, Investor Relations !!JOB SUMMARY:
For the past several years, Progress has been deliberate in limiting its investor relations activities while it constituted a new leadership team and formulated a new strategy which included the divestiture of certain assets and the streamlining of our operations. During this time, we managed investor relations through a combination of internal finance resources who were part time dedicated to the function, supplemented with an external service provider.
Over the past year, execution against our strategy has begun producing positive results and we believe it’s time to significantly raise our IR profile so that we can communicate our story to the investment community and properly reward our shareholders for the value that Progress has and will continue to create.
The IR function will be part of the Finance organization, but will be expected to work seamlessly with all functions at Progress, including and especially marketing/PR, legal, human resources and the entire executive team.
The VP of Investor Relations will contribute directly by working with Progress’ CEO and CFO to craft and execute an investor relations strategy and by working with all functions within the organization as necessary to ensure proper alignment and execution.
You will have direct access to Progress’ shareholders, bankers and securities analysts. You will participate in investor conferences, non-deal roadshows and other investor related activities. This will mean managing your time, thoughtfully reading and responding to investor and analyst inquiries and being an active part of the meetings that you attend. You are expected to ask any questions that will deliver the clarity you require to deliver your commitmentsWHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE
Building a world-class investor relations function is our goal but we have no illusions about the challenges associated with achieving that goal. If it were easy, every public company would have one. We believe to accomplish this requires a leader that is passionate and relentless in their pursuit of our shared goals while also being transparent, collaborative, analytical and a strong relationship builder--both externally and internally. We also believe to achieve this goal Progress needs to be committed to providing the VP of Investor Relations with support, access and resources necessary to make this happen. Initial Areas of Focus:
- Work with Progress’ functional leaders to understand the details of our business model
- Evaluate Progress’ external investor relations firm and the need for any services from them prospectively; implement changes and transition work in-house as necessary
- Review all aspects of Progress’ earnings release process, identify deficiencies and opportunities for improvement and work with stakeholders to implement change as necessary
- Create a peer group specific to both industry, but more importantly business model, and establish a process to continually benchmark Progress against peers and communicate this to stakeholders within the business
- Gain an in depth understanding of the financial models maintained by each of our securities analysts and compare those models against Progress’ internal model. Establish a process to continually monitor and manage the analyst outlook for Progress
- Working with the finance, legal and PR organizations, review Progress’ investor relations materials and make changes as appropriate
WHAT THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL NEED TO HAVE:
- Identify the tools that will be necessary to do your job and develop a business case for any investment required
- Develop and implement an investor targeting process; understand current investors, develop a profile of target investors and work with our executive team and the analyst community to continually place Progress in front of our target investors
- Develop and implement an analyst targeting process that will target the right analysts and expand coverage on Progress as appropriate
- Provide leadership and direction through multiple layers of management
- Manage the budget for the investor relations function
Our ideal VP of Investor Relations has strong, well-rounded communication skills and will develop an understanding of the details of our business allowing him or her to exude confidence when talking to investors and analysts. You must be a self-motivated, self-directed and proactive individual who has a strong sense of responsibility to your team members and the Company.
You must be fully comfortable using Microsoft Office tools and act as a business partner to the CEO, CFO, executive team and functional leaders within Progress.
The VP of Investor Relations must also possess the following skills, experience:
- 8+ years of investor relations experience with a focus in technology
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Intuitive, persuasive and confident in presenting ideas
- Strong analytical capabilities and demonstrated knowledge of financial markets
- Ability to deliver high quality, accurate and compelling work products while working under time pressures
- A self-starter with experience growing an organization who is able to operate with minimal guidance
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
The Progress benefits package is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our work force. We offer a variety of benefits for your health care needs, including four medical plans that meet any need or budget. Take advantage of our financial benefits, including an Employee Stock Purchasing Plan and a 401(k) with a company match! In addition to a variety of options to continue your career growth, Progress offers a generous Tuition Reimbursement program.
Progress provides flexibility to our employees through Flexible Vacation Time, Flexible Hours, and telecommuting options. Take time to bond with your newest family addition through our Parental Leave options. Or celebrate you by enjoying a birthday holiday! You can even give back to the community through our community service time off.Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!