As VP, Software Engineering, you will lead a dynamic global organization responsible for managing all the software development from concept to release. You will work with local and remote development teams to ensure goals are met that drive customer success and increase customer retention. This is a highly visible position that completely prioritizes and directs all aspects of the software engineering organization.
About the Adventure:
- Manage and prioritize the product lifecycle/engineering schedule (operations, release, development, QA and support) for our Core portfolio of products
- Direct all engineering processes leveraging agile practices
- Partner cross functionally to maximize the effectiveness of the technical roadmap for the business and customers
- Lead, manage and develop development teams that work across a diverse set of systems and languages
- Define the requirements and roadmaps and drive results to deliver enterprise software at scale
- Measure and assess your product-line business to ensure it is on track and executing as planned
- Establish the framework for making impactful technical decisions quickly
- Empower your teams for innovation and customer success
- Ensure key stakeholders understand the needs of development resources
- Ensure the engineering team understands the business direction and how each individual engineer’s work contributes towards the big picture of the product line and company offerings
You must possess a great balance between business and technical know-how, and you have the determination to turn your ideas into reality. Your strong design skills coupled with systematic vision and thought processes will help to bring a global team together to maintain, enhance and build innovative and state of the art products.
- 10+ years of experience as a software engineering manager
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or a related field
- Experience with database and data access technologies, application development and security frameworks
- Knowledge of existing Progress technologies is a strong differentiator
- Expert understanding of software development processes and lifecycle management
- Solid technical experience in management of both emerging products and established products with a large diverse customer base.
- Continual assessment, refinement, maturation, implementation, and enforcement of engineering standards and best practices
- A quick thinker with the ability to make business decisions with incomplete data
- Ability to deliver high-quality results under aggressive timelines and budgets