Who are we
We are part of the DevTools division in Progress and we are responsible for the look and feel of all developer tooling, demos and assets. Our primary goal is to ensure unmatched user experience for the developers. We actively contribute and support our company in its mission of making every application developer in the world more productive. We focus on creating engaging interfaces with logical and thought out behaviors and actions. In our minds the successful interactive design uses technology and principles of good communication to create desired user experiences.
We are looking for someone who can look at the big picture from a user experience, technology and business standpoint, and is not afraid to step outside the box to deliver compelling user experiences. A person who will help us form and create a usability strategy, identify key interactions of the product, create prototypes, test concepts and stay current on technology and trends that will impact users. The ideal candidate should also possess strong strategic, creative and planning skills that enable them to effectively communicate, negotiate and drive design solutions into the products and services.
What you’ll do:
- Engage with multiple stakeholders, including product managers, designers and engineers, in drafting & brainstorming initial UX concepts
- Convey design ideas via sketches, storyboards, wireframes and prototypes
- Engage with users to validate design solutions and conduct usability tests
- Identify usability opportunities and be an advocate for the constant improvement of a wide range of products
- Support engineers and front-end developers throughout the implementation cycle
What you need to succeed:
- Passion about user experience, visual and interaction design and meeting user needs
- Proven track record in information/UX architecture including web and mobile applications, cross-device experiences and visual design
- Hands-on experience in wireframe and prototyping using Axure and InVision or similar tools
- Strong knowledge of User Centered Design methodologies and Interaction Design
- Finding the perfect balance between best practices and creative new ideas
- Contribute to the creative spirit of the team
- Ability to accept feedback from colleagues in a rapid iterative design process and produce highly polished work under tight timelines
- Degree in fields related to information design and human computer interaction would be a plus
- Good written and spoken English
What's in it for you:
Joining DevTools UX team, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that builds a sense of community inside and outside of its office walls. You will be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique approach where ongoing feedback flows freely. Our company understands that product innovation comes from people innovation.
Apply by sending us your CV and portfolio.