We’re Progress – we offer the best platforms for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Unix Build & Release Engineer in Bangalore, India.
In our Core C/ Chef Product Group, we develop the world's best products for managing applications and infrastructure at scale, and we deploy them to solve real problems in all kinds of industries. We get to work with the latest in cloud and container technologies. We have the opportunity not just to follow but to shape best practices. Our platform is used to enable billions of people around the world to chat, fly, present, bank, game, shop, and learn. Chances are the applications and devices you use every day to have infrastructure built, deployed, secured, and run with our code.
Our Release Engineering team operates at the nexus of a highly distributed engineering organization responsible for over one hundred individual open-source software projects. The tools, service, patterns, and practices we develop provide the entire organization with the best in breed Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) experience. Using our homegrown Expeditor orchestrator, we've developed a pattern of "Release Process as Code" which empowers our engineering teams to quickly and reliably ship amazing products to our customers on the cadence that is appropriate to them.
- Design, develop, and maintain tools and services used to power build, test, and release pipelines and processes for teams inside our Core C Business Unit.
- Collaborate closely with Core Engineering and other organizations to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes
- Participate in the ideation, design, development, and maintenance of release engineering tools and services
- Write clean, readable, testable, and maintainable code (preference for Ruby or Go)
- Provide SLA support for tools and services owned by the Release Engineering team
- Prototype and build proof of concepts with different technologies to understand trade-offs
To be successful in this role, you need to have/be:
- Proficient with UNIX (AIX/ Solaris/ HP-UX) and strong system admin and debugging skills
- Experience with patterns and techniques for software integration and delivery
- Invested in high code quality, automated testing, and other engineering best practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with traditional support practices
- Passion for infrastructure as code and config management tools
- Familiarity with Kubernetes
- Enjoy being part of a highly collaborative, remote-first environment
- Familiarity or some experience with AWS, Terraform, Buildkite, Packer – an advantage but not a must
If this sounds like the right career opportunity for you, we’d be happy to talk! What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a talented team of bright people and to also enjoy:
- 30 days of earned leaves plus an extra day off for your birthday, various other leaves like marriage leave, casual leave, maternity leave, paternity leave
- Premium Group medical Insurance for the employee and 5 dependents, personal accident insurance coverage, life insurance coverage
- A modern office with a well-equipped gym onsite, free access to yoga, Zumba classes by professional trainers
- Professional development reimbursement
- Interest subsidy on loans - either vehicle or personal loans
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!