We’re Progress – we offer the best products to develop, deploy, and manage high-impact business applications. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build solutions that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other, and cheer our wins. Join us as a Technical Writer (Information Developer) for our Infrastructure Management group, working hybrid role between your home office and our Czech/Brno office.WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
WHAT THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL NEED TO HAVE:
- Design and develop technical user-facing content, including documentation, videos, and courseware
- Partner with regional development teams to understand technical requirements; research and produce technical content (including, but not limited to documentation, videos, web pages)
- Manage concurrent projects across several product lines and deliver projects on time with high quality
- Collaborate with various functional teams to obtain the required information to produce technically correct documentation
- Help evolve tools and content development practices
- Commit to growing your technical skills and helping others on your team grow theirs
- Manage the localization of documentation and product user interfaces. This will include some basic administration tasks and collaborating with our translation vendor.
- Follow our established information architecture to create content that can be reused across multiple user assistance assets
- Participate in scrum Agile ceremonies and administer work for themselves and others in Jira
- Lead content-related initiatives with predefined goals and success measurements
- Support their local Engineering teams by creating content to support their development features
- Share skills and knowledge by presenting topics of interest to their team members
We'd be happy to chat if this sounds like you and fits your experience and career goals. What we offer in return is the opportunity to experience a great company culture with wonderful colleagues to learn from and collaborate with and also to enjoy:
- A technical B.A./B.S. degree and/or advanced degree or certification in Technical Writing or English
- Fluent English speaker with excellent oral, written communication, and interpersonal skills are required
- Proven technical content development experience (with samples available for review)
- Good understanding of application frameworks, cloud services, and/or networking appliances.
- Experience with a Content Management System, such as Ixiasoft or MadCap Flare, and Markdown authoring tools would be advantageous
- Experience using Camtasia to produce user assistance videos would be a plus
- Possess good technical skills and independently learn to apply them to Progress technologies, such as application servers and network management tools
- Compensation: Competitive salary, bonus, and best-in-class Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) with a 27-month lookback.
- Benefits: Our benefits package varies depending on the country you are joining us in and is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our people.
- Time-off and Leave: Generous vacation allowance, an additional day off for your birthday, and days off for volunteering
- Well-being: A global well-being program focused on physical, mental, and financial health.
- Focus on Employee Experience: We aim to create an environment where people view their time at Progress as their best career chapter by seeking your feedback, partnering with you and recognizing and celebrating the moments that matter.
- Career Growth: We empower you to own your career and personalize your growth with career development tools, internal career mobility, knowledge sharing, and learning opportunities.