As a member of the OpenEdge documentation team, you will design, write and update documentation and online Help for the Progress OpenEdge product.Specifically, you will:
- Plan, research, and develop user documentation and on-line help to support product releases.
- Test draft documentation and online help against latest product builds throughout the development cycle to ensure completeness and technical accuracy of all procedures and tasks.
- Plan and complete common, well-defined tasks on schedule
- Receive regular guidance from a documentation manager or project lead.
- Provide timely documentation status to project lead and documentation manager.
- Conduct interviews with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) in Development, QA, and Technical Support to gather relevant information to develop draft documentation Enroll in training courses to gain necessary knowledge of products and tools.
- Ensure documentation and online help is written in accordance with OpenEdge documentation and production standards
- B.A./B.S. degree or equivalent experience with a certificate of study in technical communications
- Two – Four years of technical writing experience.
- Able to work well both independently and within a strong, collaborative, team environment Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with tasks-based documentation methodologies is highly desirable i.e., DITA/XML Familiarity with Eclipse Help is a plus, but not required
- Familiarity with content management and versioning tools, is a plus, but not required.