We are on the lookout for a stickler to detail Technical Writer to take on the responsibility of developing technical and user assistance content for our Sitefinity CMS. In this role you will not only be in charge of creating the technical content itself but you will also need to ensure it is presented in an understandable and easy to find and navigate through manner. You would also need to keep a close eye on the product development and ensure it is reflected in the Sitefinity documentation. As you will be closely collaborating with the Engineering and Product management teams, you’ll also have the opportunity to directly influence the product.
When it comes to the team, you’ll be working in a highly professional environment with well-defined and evolving content development standards and practices. You will interact with Product managers and Business analysts to get information on the roadmap and feature specifications. You’ll also collaborate with the developers working on the documented features, as well as the Support team. The product is rapidly growing and covering multiple aspects of the digital business transformation, hence the atmosphere is fast-paced and dynamic.
What you will be doing most of the time:
- Create and maintain internal and external product documentation
- Work closely with the Engineering and Support teams to gather and understand the required technical information
- Edit and improve documentation articles written by Software and QA engineers
- Create from scratch articles, technical content, samples, tutorials, or other customer-facing content
- Validate code fragments and synchronize them between different documentation portals
- Ensure the quality, discoverability, and accuracy of product documentation
- Respond to customer feedback about a confusing step in documentation articles
- Interpret and explain business and technical information in comprehensive and clear information for users.
To be successful in this role you shall:
- Have hands-on experience with creating customer facing materials – developer and product documentation; or software support experience.
- Have experience in creating documentation for developers – APIs and code samples
- Be able to deliver technical documentation with sample code
- Be familiar with source control systems like GitHub, GitLab
- Be comfortable with different authoring tools
- Be detail-oriented and deadline-driven
- Be fluent in written English
- Experience with CMS systems and/or ASP.NET applications is a plus
As a Technical Writer for Sitefinity you’ll contribute to one of the most important aspects of the product – providing guidance on how to use it. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, then we would be looking forward to hearing from you.