We are on the lookout for a Client Resources Engineer to take on the responsibility of developing technical and user assistance content for our Sitefinity CMS. You would keep a close eye on the product development and ensure it is reflected in the Sitefinity documentation. As you will be closely collaborating with the Engineering and Product Management teams, you’ll also have the opportunity to directly influence the product.
What you need to succeed as a Client Resources Engineer:
- Software development background and knowledge of the end-to-end software development lifecycle
- Interest in self-service and training materials
- Be highly analytical and customer-focused
- Be open-minded person with strong communication skills
- Be adaptable to constantly changing environment
- Management background is a plus but not required
- Passion about creating learning resources (SDK Delivery Platform / Examples / Online samples) and helpful blog articles and other types of technical content.
What you will be doing most of the time?
- Be part of the Engineering team and collaborate on a daily basis with technical writers
- Deliver, monitor and update how-to resources, code samples and technical whitepapers
- Be accountable for customer success with product adoption through self-service resources
- Be a subject matter expert for product capabilities for web developers
- Maintain and improve the documentation process as part of an Agile development cycle
- Own the Definition of Done for customer resources - approves and ensures quality and discoverability of client-facing product resources
- Facilitate collaboration for customer resources by involving Product Management and the Engineering Teams
- Be first point of contact for the technical writers when seeking engineering guidance
- Create learning resources and helpful blog articles and other types of technical content, such as:
Learning resources for the community (SDK Delivery Platform / Examples / Online samples): Constantly monitor the response of our community regarding our examples and SDK in order to suggest improvements. Also constantly evolve our list of useful examples that the customer really need and can benefit from. To be able to define and plan the goals of an example/demo application that presents our products features. To be able to develop such an example fully or in the cases of really complex user stories to prepare the ‘example frame’ where another developer should make the implementation.
Blogging and popularizing the product: Planning our blog efforts base on what new features do we have, what features are underestimated and where do we need some focus. This will include a bit of technical work as all blogs should be prepared together with an example application that demonstrates the case. Prepare plan/schedule with the required blog posts and keep it updated. Closely communicate with our evangelists into determining what blogs they can do and what stays for the team (prepare together the plan for evangelizing the product). Make suggestions to evangelists on webinars or other interactive sessions on topics and features of the product that we consider important.
As a Client Resources Engineer for Sitefinity you’ll contribute to one of the most important aspects of the product – providing guidance on how to use it. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, then we would be looking forward to hearing from you.