We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Manager of Technical Support for our Dev Tools product group. JOB SUMMARY:
We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers and the Chef community. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional yet relaxed atmosphere.
We develop the world's best products for managing applications and infrastructure at scale, and we deploy them against real problems in all kinds of industries. We’re writing the rules of the cloud -- rules the world’s top engineers live, breathe and contribute to. Our platform is used to enable hundreds of millions of people around the world to chat, fly, present, bank, game, shop, and learn. Chances are the web applications you use every day have infrastructure built, deployed, secured and ran with our code.
The Customer Success Team operates globally, and includes Customer Success Management, Technical Success, Professional Services, and Support. These teams work together closely to execute on programs and playbooks that enable our customers to become successful and grow.
This role requires a candidate with solid communications skills and a deep understanding of infrastructure, systems engineering, and coding/scripting. The ideal candidate will have led and scaled support organizations, familiar with the systems and processes, and is a strong people leader. The right person for this role will be expected to understand our commercial mission, have empathy for our customer’s experience, and have a vision for the next stage in the evolution of our support offering and organization.WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
WHAT THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL NEED TO HAVE:
- Manage a geographically diverse team across global time zones and foster unity and team cohesion
- Engages and collaborates with other Chef leaders to design and implement new support processes, incident management procedures, SLA offerings, and create tools and technologies that support all of the above.
- Build enablement processes to facilitate team expertise in new technologies and Chef products
- Ability to quickly recognize business goals and translate into team direction and focus
- Ensures we meet our support obligations, and provide transparency of our results to internal leadership as well as the customer
- Be a role model for customer focused empathy and recognize that doing the right thing for the customer is the primary objective
- Engage in the customer lifecycle and provide feedback into product direction
- Identifies trends and themes in the volume of tickets we receive, and provides insightful knowledge to upstream Chef teams that can drive changes to reduce ticket volume
- Establish and manage incident post mortem and root cause analysis processes to ensure continuous learning and improvement
- Attract and retain top level support engineering talent and establish a highly desirable working environment and team atmosphere
- Develop plans and strategies to expand our hours of coverage, our ability to handle resolution SLA’s, and additional enhancements to our set of support offerings
- Organizes and coordinates engineering efforts of the support engineering team to ensure the highest impact and value is achieved
- Act as the primary leadership face to the customers when escalations occur
- 2 - 5 years managing a highly functioning support organization or technical operations team
- 3-5 years experience in Systems Engineering / Administration with firm understanding of Unix/Linux and Windows architectures.
- Familiar with Zendesk, Salesforce, and other support tools Strong analytical ability, including identify trends in large data sets
- Previous experience being primary customer facing leader during incident escalation events
- Passion for learning, collaborating with others and being an all-around customer advocate.
- A love for debugging complex technical issues at every level of a modern application stack.
- Experience with automation tools such as Chef preferable.
- Experience with version control (e.g. git) is preferable
- Strong written and verbal communications skills mandatory for this role. You will be tested on your ability to write cohesive, cognitive and concise customer communications during the interview, as well as converse in difficult customer situations. An ability to communicate effectively under pressure is mandatory.
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
The Progress benefits package is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our work force. We offer a variety of benefits for your health care needs, including four medical plans that meet any need or budget. Take advantage of our financial benefits, including an Employee Stock Purchasing Plan and a 401(k) with a company match! In addition to a variety of options to continue your career growth, Progress offers a generous Tuition Reimbursement program.
Progress provides flexibility to our employees through Flexible Vacation Time, Flexible Hours, and telecommuting options. Take time to bond with your newest family addition through our Parental Leave options. Or celebrate you by enjoying a birthday holiday! You can even give back to the community through our community service time off.
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!