We’re Progress – we offer the best products to develop, deploy, and manage high-impact business applications. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build solutions that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other, and cheer our wins. Join us as a Technical Support Engineer working in a hybrid position out of our Burlington, MA office.
Being a Technical Support Engineer at Progress is truly like no other support position; you're a detective, software developer and subject matter expert. You'll be a full member of our technical staff, working closely with the product development teams, with full benefits from day one, and frequent collaboration with Kendo and Telerik teams.
This is a great job for someone who’s excited by the possibilities offered by programming, but who’s motivated by solving real problems for real people. You will be engaged by diverse and interesting challenges, where you'll use a constantly evolving toolset to solve an array of unique problems.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE:
A STRONG CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Owning designated issues submitted by customers and making sure their problem is solved in the best possible way
- Researching variety of resources, including documentation, Knowledge Base, bug database, and Community forums
- Running cases provided by customers to reproduce and diagnose support incidents
- Communicating clearly and precisely with customers regarding technical issues and setting the right expectations
- Logging product defects and feature requests; providing Engineering with clear and complete information, when engineering assistance is required, carrying out recommended diagnostic steps and gathering information as necessary
- Participating in knowledge capturing (e.g., create new knowledge resources and/or update the existing ones - product demos, KB and technical articles/documentation, code libraries).
- Reviewing product documentation and identifying topics that need improvement
THIS ROLE PROVIDES:
- A broad technical curiosity with proven technical understanding and problem solving
- Be confident with the .NET platform and tooling
- Programming knowledge in C# and .NET, basic SQL knowledge is a bonus
- Technical background in one or more Microsoft .NET related technologies: ASP.NET (Blazor, Core, WebAPI, MVC, WebForms), WPF, WinUI, UWP, Windows Forms, or Xamarin
- Experience with a reporting technology is advantageous but not required (e.g., Telerik Reporting, Crystal Reports).
- The ability to communicate clearly and positively through written and spoken English
- Constant stream of fun challenges to solve - with the resources to solve them
- Friendly, informal, and knowledge-sharing environment with smart people around you
- Chance to join a team and a company globally recognized for its cutting-edge products
- Dynamic opportunity for professional growth
- Company with a social and benefits program that allows you to concentrate on your job and career
- A mostly remote position (in-office once a month)
- A modern office conveniently located immediately off the highway exit with a stocked-snacks kitchen, espresso/Starbuck/carbonated water machines, full gym and a large game room.
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
- Medical, dental, vision, life & disability, and financial benefits (including 401(k) retirement savings plan. Tuition Reimbursement program. Additional voluntary benefits including crucial illness/hospital indemnity, identity theft protection, auto & home insurance, legal, and pet insurance.
- Competitive salary, bonus, and best-in-class Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) with a 27-month lookback
- Flexible paid vacation time, paid day off for your birthday, and company holidays. A variety of leave plans, including Parental Leave.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and an employee well-being program focusing on physical, mental, and financial health.