About the Team:
The OpenEdge Technical Support team is part of a worldwide organization with team members in North and South America, Western Europe and India. We focus on Progress’ flagship product, OpenEdge, by assisting our solution providers and end-users with the configuration, troubleshooting and coding of our various supporting products. We are a close-knit, passionate team who likes to work hard and have fun while doing it!About the Role:
Provides technical support to customers and other departments. Handles technical issues of highest complexity without supervision. Trains and mentors junior staff members. Specialized in multiple technical areas/products with strong understanding and experience on other areas including customer care skills. Very knowledgeable about internal procedures, processes, and tools. Excellent team player and communicator with excellent diagnostic and troubleshooting skills. Consistent in all aspects of the role. Acknowledged resource for colleagues. Must show corporate interest, adaptability and independence as well as demonstrate experience in approaching technical and procedural questions. Responsibilities:
- Follows the processes and procedures for technical support workflow.
- Interacts professionally and courteously with all customers and peers.
- Easily approachable, reacts calmly under stressful situations; receive constructive criticism well. Maintains confidentiality.
- Communicates clearly and precisely with customers to determine expectations for resolutions and provides workarounds to product defects.
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses customer issues involving 3rd party products using a variety of resources, including documentation, knowledge base, bug database, source code, and the world wide technical and field teams via Community forums.
- Runs support cases provided by customers, and develops reproductions and examples required to identify and resolve problems.
- Communicates clearly and precisely with customers regarding expectations for callbacks, follow-ups regarding their issues, interactions with development, and other open issues.
- Escalates product issues to management or other team members.
- Logs product defects and feature requests clearly in the corresponding systems.
- Provides Engineering with clear and complete information, when engineering assistance is required, carrying out recommended diagnostic steps and gathering information as necessary.
- Demonstrates and applies good understanding of knowledge capturing principles (e.g. Create new knowledge resources and/or update the existing ones - product demos, KB and technical articles/documentation, code libraries.).
- Reviews product documentation, identifies topics needing improvement and is able to contribute.
- Responsible for professional self-development by attending formal and informal training (webinars, white papers) offered within office and externally based on your development plan agreed with your manager. For example: industry trends, technologies and etc.
- Builds constructive and effective relationships with peers and initiates communication to resolve any conflict in an assertive, tactful manner.
- Capable to support new company products with appropriate level of on the job training.
- Acts as a general knowledge resource for peers.
- Provides assistance to peers working in the same specialty area as well as handling issues outside of the area of specialty.
- Participates in forums, responds to technical questions, sharing product knowledge with colleagues.
- Demonstrates a high level of proficiency in the infrastructure related to the product environment while resolving customer issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, CIS, MIS, Computing Systems, or related field (foreign equivalent degrees accepted).
- At least 3 years of experience providing technical support for enterprise software and systems using product documentation, knowledge base, bug database, source code, IDEs (integrated development environments), SQL debuggers, and CRM system.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including effective listening skills.
- Excellent command of English.
- Solid analytical and troubleshooting skills specific to software related issues.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Programming experience or knowledge of programming languages/technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to handle large number of cases efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to mentor more junior staff members.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and handle all accountabilities with minimal supervision, while maintaining attention to details.
- Must be able to work alternate shifts to accommodate clients in different time zones, including 12p-8pm at least twice a week, and 5a-2pm during part of year.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is a bonus, but not requirement