Provide world-class technical support and service for the Progress’ Network Monitoring What's Up Gold (WUG) product suite.
We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as Technical Support Engineer I in Alpharetta, GA.
The WUG Technical Support team is part of a worldwide organization with team members in North America and Western Europe. We focus on Progress’ Network Monitorinng product, WUG, by assisting our partners and end-users with the understanding, configuration and troubleshooting of our products. We are a close-knit, passionate team who likes to work hard and have fun while doing it!
Provides technical support to customers and other departments. Handles technical issues of highest complexity without supervision. Trains and mentors junior staff members. Specialized in multiple technical areas/products with strong understanding and experience on other areas including customer care skills. Very knowledgeable about internal procedures, processes, and tools. Excellent team player and communicator with excellent diagnostic and troubleshooting skills. Consistent in all aspects of the role. Acknowledged resource for colleagues. Must show corporate interest, adaptability and independence as well as demonstrate experience in approaching technical and procedural questions.
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, WE NEED SOME WHO HAS:
- Interacts professionally and courteously with all customers and peers. Easily approachable, reacts calmly under stressful situations; receive constructive criticism well. Maintains confidentiality.
- Follows the processes and procedures for technical support workflow.
- Takes ownership of designated issues submitted by customers by making sure the problem is solved to the best possible way.
- Conducts research using a variety of resources, including documentation, Knowledge Base, defect database, and the world wide technical and field teams via Community forums.
- Maintains complete and accurate log of customer interactions and technical details.
- Runs support cases provided by customers in order to reproduce and diagnose support incidents
- Communicates clearly and precisely with customers regarding technical issues setting expectations for callbacks and follow-up regarding their issues.
- Escalates product issues to their product team members.
- Provides Engineering with clear and complete information, when engineering assistance is required, carrying out recommended diagnostic steps and gathering information as necessary.
- Participates in knowledge capturing (e.g. Create new knowledge resources and/or update the existing ones - product demos, KB and technical articles/documentation, code libraries.).
- Reviews product documentation, identifies topics needing improvement and is able to contribute under supervision.
- Increases product and procedural knowledge through self-training, work with colleagues, and experience with customer issues.
ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION PROVIDED FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH THE FOLLOWING SKILLS:
- Professional experience in a technical support software product call center environment and or troubleshooting Windows software applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including effective listening skills.
- Proficiency in English adequate for communication with customers.
- Basic analytical and troubleshooting skills specific to software and network related issues.
- Good customer service skills.
- Associates Degree or greater in an IT related field or equivalent work experience desired
- Excellent verbal and written communications and interpersonal skills.
- Strong background in customer service and support
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with web technologies (i.e. IIS, SSL/TLS)
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment in dealing with customer’s technical issues
- Basic Windows administration, networking, and configuration knowledge.
- Basic knowledge of internet protocols (DNS, FTP, HTTP, LDAP, SMTP, SNMP, IMAP, SSL, POP3, SSH, WMI, TCP/IP, IPv4, IPv6 and IPSec)
- Experience with a CRM or defect tracking system, extra consideration given for Jira, SalesForce and SalesForce Service Cloud experience desired
- Knowledge of troubleshooting tools such as: Telnet, Ping, TraceRT, NSLookup
- SQL (MySQL, SQL, Oracle) knowledge and database administration (configuration, queries, Management Studio) preferred
- Basic programming experience or knowledge of programming languages/technologies is helpful.
- Bilingual given extra consideration
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
The Progress benefits package is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our work force. We offer a variety of benefits for your health care needs, including four medical plans that meet any need or budget. Take advantage of our financial benefits, including an Employee Stock Purchasing Plan and a 401(k) with a company match! In addition to a variety of options to continue your career growth, Progress offers a generous Tuition Reimbursement program.
Progress provides flexibility to our employees through Flexible Vacation Time, Flexible Hours, and telecommuting options. Take time to bond with your newest family addition through our Parental Leave options. Or celebrate you by enjoying a birthday holiday! You can even give back to the community through our community service time off.
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!