Progress is hiring for a Technical Support Engineer I to join their busy team in Hyderabad, India. This role would be working directly with our What’s Up Gold product line.
Provide world-class technical support and service for the Progress’ Network Monitoring What’s Up Gold product suite.
Provides technical support to customers and other departments. Handles technical issues of low-medium complexity under supervision. Good customer care skills. Excellent team player and communicator with good diagnostic and troubleshooting skills.
- Interacts professionally and courteously with all customers and peers. Easily approachable, reacts calmly under stressful situations; receive constructive criticism well. Maintains confidentiality.
- Follows the processes and procedures for technical support workflow.
- Takes ownership of designated issues submitted by customers by making sure the problem is solved to the best possible way.
- Conducts research using a variety of resources, including documentation, Knowledge Base, defect database, and the world wide technical and field teams via Community forums.
- Maintains complete and accurate log of customer interactions and technical details.
- Runs support cases provided by customers in order to reproduce and diagnose support incidents.
- Communicates clearly and precisely with customers regarding technical issues setting expectations for callbacks and follow-up regarding their issues.
- Escalates product issues to their product team members.
- Provides Engineering with clear and complete information, when engineering assistance is required, carrying out recommended diagnostic steps and gathering information as necessary.
- Participates in knowledge capturing (e.g. Create new knowledge resources and/or update the existing ones - product demos, KB and technical articles/documentation, code libraries.).
- Reviews product documentation, identifies topics needing improvement and is able to contribute under supervision.
- Increases product and procedural knowledge through self-training, work with colleagues, and experience with customer issues.
Knowledge & Experience
- 0-2 years of related professional experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including effective listening skills.
- Proficiency in English adequate for communication with customers.
- Basic analytical and troubleshooting skills specific to software and network related issues.
- Good customer service skills
- Associates Degree or greater in an IT related field or equivalent work experience desired
- Experience with web technologies (i.e. IIS, SSL/TLS)
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment in dealing with customer’s technical issues
- Basic Windows administration, networking, and configuration knowledge.
- Basic knowledge of internet protocols (DNS, FTP, HTTP, LDAP, SMTP, SNMP, IMAP, SSL, POP3, SSH, WMI, TCP/IP, IPv4, IPv6 and IPSec)
- Experience with a CRM or defect tracking system, extra consideration given for Jira, SalesForce and SalesForce Service Cloud experience desired
- Knowledge of troubleshooting tools such as: Telnet, Ping, TraceRT, NSLookup
- SQL (MySQL, SQL, Oracle) knowledge and database administration (configuration, queries, Management Studio) preferred
- Basic programming experience or knowledge of programming languages/technologies is helpful.
- Bilingual given extra consideration
- Manage time across multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment and maintain attention to details.
Teams and divisions may have additional requirements specific to the supported products and technologies.
Shift Timings :- 12:30 pm to 9:30 pm IST
Note:- Candidate should be open to on call Weekend Support
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!