Progress is hiring for a Technical Support Engineer II to join their busy team in Hyderabad, India. This role would be working directly with our What’s Up Gold product line.
Provide world-class technical support and service for the Progress’ Network Monitoring What’s Up Gold product suite.
Provides technical support to customers and other departments. Handles technical issues of low to moderate complexity with little to no supervision. Specialized in one area/product with good customer care skills. Knowledgeable about internal procedures, processes, and tools. Excellent team player and communicator with very good diagnostic and troubleshooting skills.
- Interacts professionally and courteously with all customers and peers. Easily approachable, reacts calmly under stressful situations; receive constructive criticism well. Maintains confidentiality.
- Follows the processes and procedures for technical support workflow.
- Takes ownership of designated issues submitted by customers by making sure the problem is solved to the best possible way.
- Conducts research using a variety of resources, including documentation, Knowledge Base, bug database, source code, and the world wide technical and field teams via Community forums.
- Maintains complete and accurate log of customer interactions and technical details.
- Runs support cases provided by customers in order to reproduce and diagnose support incidents.
- Communicates clearly and precisely with customers regarding technical issues setting expectations for callbacks and follow-up regarding their issues.
- Manages difficult communication with customers in effective and professional manner with assistance from senior team members.
- Escalates product issues to their product team members.
- Logs product defects and feature requests clearly in the corresponding systems. Provides Development with clear and complete information, when development assistance is required, carrying out recommended diagnostic steps and gathering information as necessary.
- Demonstrates and applies good understanding of knowledge capturing (e.g. create new knowledge resources and/or update the existing ones - product demos, KB and technical articles/documentation, code libraries.).
- Reviews product documentation, identifies topics needing improvement and is able to contribute.
- Responsible for professional self-development by attending formal and informal training (webinars, white papers) offered within office and externally based on your development plan agreed with your manager. For example: industry trends, technologies and etc.
- Increases product and procedural knowledge through self-training, work with colleagues, and experience with customer issues.
- Prepares (Ensures readiness) for support of new product versions.
- Builds constructive and effective relationships with peers and initiates communication to resolve any conflict in an assertive, tactful manner.
- If needed is assigned as a "Guide" to new team members.
Knowledge & Experience
1-2 years of professional experience in a technical support software product call center environment troubleshooting Windows software applications and networking issues
- Strong customer service skills, including demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment in dealing with customer’s technical issues
- Associates Degree in an IT related field or equivalent work experience desired
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including effective listening skills. Bilingual given extra consideration.
- Proficiency in English adequate for complex communication with customers.
- Analytical and troubleshooting skills specific to software related issues.
- Basic Windows administration and configuration knowledge.
- Experience with web technologies (i.e. IIS, AS2, EDI, PGP, PKI, S/MIME, Apache)
- Basic knowledge of internet protocols (DNS, FTP, HTTP, LDAP, SMTP, SNMP, IMAP, SSL, POP3, SSH, WMI, TCP/IP, IPv4, IPv6 and IPSec)
- 1- 2 years of experience in:
o Firewalls, switches, routers and wireless
o Windows Active Directory
o VMWare and/or other virtualization products a plus
- Knowledge of troubleshooting tools such as: Telnet, Ping, TraceRT, NSLookup
- SQL (MySQL, SQL, Oracle) knowledge and database administration (configuration, queries, Management Studio) preferred
- Experience with a CRM or defect tracking system, extra consideration given for Jira, SalesForce and SalesForce Service Cloud experience desired
- Manage time across multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment and maintain attention to details.
- Excellent follow-up skills
Additional consideration provided for individuals with the following experience:
- Managed file transfer, Network Management or E-mail and Messaging technologies
- Linux/Unix system administration and configuration
Shift Timings :- 5 am IST to 2 pm IST
Note:- Candidates should be open to weekend on call support.
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!