Progress is hiring for a Technical Support Engineer II to join their busy team in Hyderabad, India . This role would be working directly with our MOVEit and WS_FTP product lines on the File Transfer team.
Provide world-class technical support and service for the Progress’ Managed File Transfer product suite.
- Provides technical assistance to evaluators, customers, resellers and Progress employees via telephone, customer portal tickets, email, WebEx, instant messaging or any other available communication option
- Assists with the installation, configuration, use and maintenance of our software products
- Follows the processes and procedures for technical support workflow
- Diagnoses and explains external hardware and software issues that affect the use and/or configuration of our software (e.g., environmental or network)
- Provides customers with information about Progress products and resources
- Capable to support new company products with appropriate level of on the job training
- Interacts professionally and courteously with all customers and peers. Easily approachable, reacts calmly under stressful situations; receive constructive criticism well. Maintains confidentiality.
- Communicates clearly and precisely with customers regarding expectations for callbacks, follow-ups regarding their issues, interactions with Development, and other open issues. Sets appropriate expectations for resolutions and workarounds for product defect
- Escalates product issues to management or other team members
- Logs product defects and feature requests clearly in the corresponding systems
- Provides Development with clear and complete information, when Development assistance is required, carrying out recommended diagnostic steps and gathering information as necessary
- Demonstrates and applies good understanding of knowledge capturing principles (e.g. create new knowledge resources and/or update the existing content - product demos, KB and technical articles/documentation, etc.)
- Reviews product documentation, identifies topics needing improvement and is able to contribute
- Responsible for professional self-development by attending formal and informal training (webinars, white papers) offered within the office and externally based on your development plan agreed with your manager. Option to enroll in Progress-sponsored security training resulting in certification through organizations such as CompTIA, SANS and (ISC)2
- Participates in forums, responds to technical questions, sharing product knowledge with colleagues
- Provides assistance to peers working in the same specialty area as well as handling issues outside of the area of specialty
- Occasional travel requirement
- Be part of an emergency-only after-hours call rotation
- Bachelor's Degree in an IT-related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum 1 year of Managed File Transfer (MFT) experience
- Minimum 1 year experience with Windows, Linux and Unix operating systems and networking concepts
- Minimum 1 year in a software technical support, customer-facing role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including effective listening skills
- Solid analytical and troubleshooting skills specific to software related issues
- Demonstrated ability to handle large number of cases efficiently and effectively.
- Considerable knowledge of internet protocols (DNS, FTP, HTTP, LDAP, SMTP, SNMP, SSH, TCP, IPv4, IPv6 and IPSec)
- Experience with Web Server technology, especially IIS configuration and troubleshooting
- Experience with packet capture analysis (Wireshark, tcpdump)
- Experience with VMWare and/or other Virtualization products
- Database experience – Microsoft SQL Server, database management tools, ability to write SQL statements; ability to read a schema a plus
- Scripting experience required - experience with PowerShell desired
- Bi-lingual a plus
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment in dealing with customers’ technical issues
- Ability to work independently and well under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor
- Detail-oriented and proven ability to maintain, organize and prioritize workload
Additional consideration provided for individuals with the following experience:
- Managed file transfer technologies (AS2, EDI, PGP, PKI, S/MIME)
- WS_FTP client or server products
- MOVEit client or server products
- Programming (VB.NET, C#.NET, VBScript or Java)
- Industry certifications from CompTIA, SANS or (ISC)2
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, CIS, MIS, Computing Systems, or related field (foreign equivalent degrees accepted
Shift timings :- 12:30-9:30 pm IST
Note:- Candidate should be open to weekend on call support.
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!