We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Technical Support Engineer for our Product Support Team
The What’s Up Gold Technical Support team is part of a worldwide organization with team members in North America, Western Europe and India. We focus on Progress’ Network Monitoring product, What’s Up Gold, by assisting our partners and end-users with the understanding, configuration and troubleshooting of our products. We are a close-knit, passionate team who likes to work hard and have fun while doing it!
Our support team Provides technical support to customers and other departments. Handles technical issues of low-medium complexity under supervision. Good customer care skills. Excellent team player and communicator with good diagnostic and troubleshooting skills.
As a member of the team you will be expected to :
- Interacts professionally and courteously with all customers and peers. Easily approachable, reacts calmly under stressful situations; receive constructive criticism well. Maintains confidentiality.
- Follows the processes and procedures for technical support workflow.
- Takes ownership of designated issues submitted by customers by making sure the problem is solved to the best possible way.
- Conducts research using a variety of resources, including documentation, Knowledge Base, defect database, and the world wide technical and field teams via Community forums.
- Maintains complete and accurate log of customer interactions and technical details.
- Runs support cases provided by customers in order to reproduce and diagnose support incidents.
- Communicates clearly and precisely with customers regarding technical issues setting expectations for callbacks and follow-up regarding their issues.
- Escalates product issues to their product team members.
- Provides Engineering with clear and complete information, when engineering assistance is required, carrying out recommended diagnostic steps and gathering information as necessary.
- Participates in knowledge capturing (e.g. Create new knowledge resources and/or update the existing ones - product demos, KB and technical articles/documentation, code libraries.).
- Reviews product documentation, identifies topics needing improvement and is able to contribute under supervision.
- Increases product and procedural knowledge through self-training, work with colleagues, and experience with customer issues.
То be successful in this role, we need someone who has :
What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a talented team of bright and nice people and to also enjoy :
- 1-4 years of related professional experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including effective listening skills
- Proficiency in English adequate for communication with customers.
- Basic analytical and troubleshooting skills specific to software and network related issues
- Good customer service skills
- Associates Degree or greater in an IT related field or equivalent work experience desired
- Experience with web technologies (i.e. IIS, SSL/TLS)
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment in dealing with customer’s technical issues
- Basic Windows administration, networking, and configuration knowledge
- Basic knowledge of internet protocols (DNS, FTP, HTTP, LDAP, SMTP, SNMP, IMAP, SSL, POP3, SSH, WMI, TCP/IP, IPv4, IPv6 and IPSec)
- Experience with a CRM or defect tracking system, extra consideration given for Jira, SalesForce and SalesForce Service Cloud experience desired
- Knowledge of troubleshooting tools such as: Telnet, Ping, TraceRT, NSLookup
- SQL (MySQL, SQL, Oracle) knowledge and database administration (configuration, queries, Management Studio) preferred
- Basic programming experience or knowledge of programming languages/technologies is helpful.
- Bilingual given extra consideration
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
- 30 days of earned leaves plus an extra day off for your birthday, various other leaves like Marriage leave ,Casual leave, Maternity leave , Paternity Leave
- Premium Group medical Insurance for employee and 5 dependents ,Personal accident insurance coverage,Life insurance coverage
- A modern office with a well-equipped gym onsite, free access to Yoga , Zumba classes by professional trainers
- Professional development reimbursement
- Interest subsidy on loans - either vehicle or personal loans
Shift Timings:- 12.30 PM to 9.30 PM IST
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!