We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as Technical Support Engineer for our Kinvey solution, based in our Waltham MA office.JOB SUMMARY:
The Technical Support Engineer at Kinvey is a highly technical person. Kinvey end users are software developers and solving the problems they face requires deep knowledge of their solution context. As a member of our technical staff, you’ll be working closely with the product development teams, contributing to the product development and decision making. This is a great opportunity for someone who’s excited by the possibilities offered by cloud platforms like Kinvey, and is highly motivated by resolving customer problems. You will be consistently engaged with diverse and interesting challenges, driven by real-world problems. WHAT YOU’LL DO IN THIS ROLE:
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, WE NEED SOMEONE WHO HAS:
- Owning designated issues submitted by customers and making sure the problem is solved in the best possible way
- Researching variety of resources, including documentation, knowledge base, bug database, and community forums
- Running projects provided by customers to reproduce, diagnose and find the best solutions to outstanding problems
- Escalating customer issues to the product team
- Logging product defects and feature requests while properly gathering the required context
- Participating in knowledge capturing (creating and updating knowledge resources like product demos, technical articles and documentation)
- Communicating clearly with customers and setting the right expectations
- Experience providing technical support for enterprise software and systems using product documentation, knowledge base, bug database and source code
- Technical curiosity, proven broad technical understanding and problem-solving skills
- Eagerness to learn new technologies and constantly improve your technical skills
- Technical background in native or cross-platform mobile development is a plus
- Experience in working with any BaaS product is a plus
- Experience with AWS or other cloud providers is a plus
- Experience in working with any chatbot development framework is a plus
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
The Progress benefits package is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our work force. We offer a variety of benefits for your health care needs, including four medical plans that meet any need or budget. Take advantage of our financial benefits, including an Employee Stock Purchasing Plan and a 401(k) with a company match! In addition to a variety of options to continue your career growth, Progress offers a generous Tuition Reimbursement program.
Progress provides flexibility to our employees through Flexible Vacation Time, Flexible Hours, and telecommuting options. Take time to bond with your newest family addition through our Parental Leave options. Or celebrate you by enjoying a birthday holiday! You can even give back to the community through our community service time off.
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!