About the Team/Product:
OpenEdge Technical Support / Backend (DB, AdminServer, AppServer (Classic and OEPAS) OEM, DataServer, WebSpeed, Pro2, OE Authentication Gateway, SSL, certificates, Adapters, network server/client connectivity, configuration, installation, product administration and general Operating System knowledge).
About the Role:
- Interacts professionally and courteously with all customers and peers.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Follows the processes and procedures for technical support workflow.
- Takes ownership of designated issues submitted by customers by making sure the problem is solved to the best possible way.
- Conducts research using a variety of resources, including documentation, Knowledge Base, bug database, and the world wide technical and field teams via Community forums.
- Maintains complete and accurate log of customer interactions and technical details.
- Runs support cases provided by customers in order to reproduce and diagnose support incidents.
- Communicates clearly and precisely with customers regarding technical issues setting expectations for callbacks and follow-up regarding their issues.
- Escalates product issues to their product team members.
- Logs product defects and feature requests clearly in the corresponding systems.
- Provides Engineering with clear and complete information, when engineering assistance is required, carrying out recommended diagnostic steps and gathering information as necessary.
- Participates in knowledge capturing (e.g. Create new knowledge resources and/or update the existing ones - product demos, KB and technical articles/documentation, code libraries.).
- Reviews product documentation, identifies topics needing improvement and is able to contribute under supervision.
- Increases product and procedural knowledge through self-training, work with colleagues, and experience with customer issues.
- 0-2 years of related professional experience
- Knowledge of Windows and/or UNIX
- Networking, database, SQL 92 knowledge is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including effective listening skills.
- Proficiency in English adequate for communication with customers.
- Basic analytical and troubleshooting skills specific to software related issues.
- Good customer service skills.
- Manage time across multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment and maintain attention to details.
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!