We are currently on the lookout for a Technical Support Engineer
to join our Sitefinity CMS Team in Waltham, MA. The role calls for a technically adept individual (well aware of the .NET platform, with programming knowledge in HTML, ASP.NET Web Forms/ MVC), who also enjoys the day-to-day communication with others.
About the Team:
The product Sitefinity is an ASP.NET Content Management System delivering power without the complications. Designed with both usability and extensibility in mind, Sitefinity is engineered to make managing a website a positive, empowering experience. Because it’s built on a cutting-edge code-base, Sitefinity is best equipped to meet the long term needs of today’s businesses, including tackling the fast-paced world of mobile.
About the Role:
In this very technical role you will be a part of a product team and will be helping customers troubleshoot, develop and deploy bleeding-edge business solutions. You’ll be given the opportunity to learn the Sitefinity platform inside-out and will be working with some of the world’s leading Fortune 500 companies. As you work hand-in-hand with our customers, you’ll be among the first to hear their direct product feedback and will have the chance to influence the product roadmap. Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Take ownership and manage customer cases and customer expectations effectively and professionally. Communicate clearly and precisely with customers to determine expectations for resolutions and provide workarounds to product defects;
- Troubleshoot and diagnose customer issues using a variety of resources, including documentation, knowledge base, bug database, source code, and the world wide technical and field teams via email aliases.
- Document technical information in online knowledge base and assist others to do the same;
- Identify defects on the product and enter clear and precise information on how to reproduce them using the bug tracking system. Provide additional information to Development as needed to resolve bugs;
- Learn new product features and technology.
- Participate in department wide projects such as councils and process improvements
- Work with client development projects to examine their problems and propose an appropriate solution - could be the case you come out with an extremely innovative solution which turns into a product/ feature implementation
- Liaise our customers with the product team - communicate bug reports and feature requests
- Come up with ideas for technical content – demos, blog posts, or anything that might be helpful for both current and potential customers
- BS/MS in Computer Science (or relevant experience)
- At least 1 to 2 years of knowledge/experience
- Be quite confident/ familiar with .NET platform and have programming knowledge in HTML, ASP.NET Web Forms/ MVC
- Be willing to learn new technologies and eager to constantly improve your technical skills
- Be a great listener, have the ability to dig deep into an issue and have the skills to effectively troubleshoot and communicate with customers and colleagues
- Spanish and/or Portuguese a strong plus