We are currently on the lookout for a Technical Support Engineer to join our team in Rotterdam and focus on Progress’ flagship product, OpenEdge. In this role, you will be assisting our solution providers and end-users with the configuration, troubleshooting and coding of our various supporting products.
Please note this is a temporary maternity cover role with an approximate duration of 5 months.
Your area of responsibility:
- Follows the processes and procedures for technical support workflow.
- Interacts professionally and courteously with all customers and peers.
- Easily approachable, reacts calmly under stressful situations; receive constructive criticism well. Maintains confidentiality.
- Communicates clearly and precisely with customers to determine expectations for resolutions and provides workarounds to product defects.
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses customer issues involving 3rd party products using a variety of resources, including documentation, knowledge base, bug database, source code, and the world wide technical and field teams via Community forums.
- Runs support cases provided by customers, and develops reproductions and examples required to identify and resolve problems.
- Communicates clearly and precisely with customers regarding expectations for callbacks, follow-ups regarding their issues, interactions with development, and other open issues.
- Escalates product issues to management or other team members.
- Logs product defects and feature requests clearly in the corresponding systems.
- Provides Software Engineering with clear and complete information, when engineering assistance is required, carrying out recommended diagnostic steps and gathering information as necessary.
- Demonstrates and applies good understanding of knowledge capturing principles (e.g. Create new knowledge resources and/or update the existing ones - product demos, KB and technical articles/documentation, code libraries.).
- Builds constructive and effective relationships with peers and initiates communication to resolve any conflict in an assertive, tactful manner.
- Acts as a general knowledge resource for peers.
- Provides assistance to peers working in the same specialty area as well as handling issues outside of the area of specialty.
- Participates in forums, responds to technical questions, sharing product knowledge with colleagues.
- Demonstrates a high level of proficiency in the infrastructure related to the product environment while resolving customer issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field (foreign equivalent degrees accepted).
- Programming, experience or knowledge of programming languages/technologies with at least 1 year of OpenEdge ABL experience in the areas of 4GL/ABL, OOABL, GUI for .NET ProDataSet and Developer Studio.
- Familiar with OpenEdge 10.x and/or OpenEdge 11.x releases.
- At least 3 years of experience providing technical support for enterprise software and systems using product documentation, knowledge base, bug database, source code, IDEs (integrated development environments), and CRM system.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English including effective listening skills.
- Solid analytical and troubleshooting skills specific to software related issues.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle large number of cases efficiently and effectively.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and handle all accountabilities with minimal supervision, while maintaining attention to details.