Our company helps developers become superheroes, and our team helps them manage the documents in their application – whether they are rich-text, spreadsheet, or PDFs. We are now on the lookout for a Technical Support Engineer.
About the team
We develop and support 10-year old established products, with tens of thousands of developers regularly using them around the world.
We create .NET-based visual UI controls for editing documents in various formats, and components for back-end conversion and generation of documents.
We are proven-working diverse team, with a little bit of everything. We are not afraid of the different. We deliver.
We are close to the metal – regularly solving challenging memory and performance problems.
We do not work on small throw-away projects. Our components are here to stay, and we are continuously shaping them to be the best in the world.
Our components are used internally by numerous Progress teams, which places us right at the core of the company’s popular products like Telerik UI for ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET AJAX, WPF, WinForms, Sitefinity, Xamarin, and Kendo UI. We also work in close collaboration with Microsoft, following latest .NET technology and design trends.
Our customers are software developers, like us. They are continuously demanding top quality, clean and intuitive APIs; and we are continuously learning from them.
What you will do:
- Work directly with customers to help get their job done. Don’t forget, our customers are software developers like us, so this could be an awesome learning experience
- Handle technical support cases
- Debug and investigate customer code, identify bugs and feature requests, and propose workarounds and working solutions
- Fix simple bugs reported by customers
- Create technical documentation, translating internal functional specification to the language of the customers
- Create marketing and developer-oriented demos, code samples, and knowledge base articles
- Write clean, maintainable, and readable code, according to the team coding standards
- Think a lot about API design, backwards compatibility, and architecture conformance
- Participate in code and API reviews for final polishing of the product
- Work closely with other team members and roles, including: developers, to propose functional and API changes, and review functional specifications; QA engineers, to confirm the identified issues; product managers, to define the scope of the features
What you will need:
- Knowledge on how to learn fast
- Experience with .NET and C#
- Ability to meet deadlines and commit to team goals
- Knowledge of software design principles
- Understanding of algorithms and complexity
- Good written and verbal English
- Desire to communicate directly with customers (highly technical like us), mostly in written form
What you will get:
- Team of senior engineers which are ready to share their knowledge and help you grow with them
- A constant stream of challenges to solve
- Informal and friendly environment
- A chance to join a company globally recognized for its cutting-edge products
- Hands-on product development with a worldwide effect upon millions of people
- The opportunity to experience awesome agile methodologies such as Scrum
- Dynamic opportunity for professional growth
What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a talented team of bright and nice people and to also enjoy:
- 30 days’ vacation + an extra day off for your birthday
- Generous work-from home allowance
- Premium healthcare and dental care coverage
- A modern office with a well-equipped gym onsite
- Kids' Center onsite
- And many other perks
We would be happy to hear from you! Apply now!
Progress is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building a versatile environment for all our employees.