We are looking for a Tech Support Engineer to join our Reporting Team and work with our developer clients to enable them to create and deploy powerful and reusable data presentations.
The position is maternity cover with duration of 1+ year.
Being a Technical Support Engineer at Progress is like no other support position. You'll be a full member of our technical staff, working closely with the product developers. This is a great job for someone who’s excited about programming, but who’s most motivated by solving real problems for real people. You will be consistently engaged by diverse and interesting challenges on top of various technologies from Angular, HTML5 and JS, to WPF and WinForms.
This is what you’ll be dealing with if you join us:
- Own designated issues submitted by customers and making sure their problem is solved in the best possible way
- Research variety of resources, including documentation, knowledge base articles, bug database and community forums
- Investigate projects provided by customers to reproduce and diagnose support incidents
- Communicate clearly and precisely with customers' technical issues and setting the right expectations
- Escalate product issues to the product team
- Log product defects and feature requests; provides Engineering with clear and complete information, when engineering assistance is required, carrying out recommended diagnostic steps and gathering information as necessary
- Participate in knowledge capturing (e.g. Create new knowledge resources and/or update the existing ones - product demos, KB and technical articles/documentation, code libraries.).
- Review product documentation and identify topics that need improvement
This is what you will need to be successful in this role:
- The belief that creating data presentations should be easy
- Eagerness to learn new skills and explore new technologies
- Be confident with the .NET platform and tooling
- Technical background in one or more Microsoft .NET related technologies (ASP.NET (Core, WebAPI, MVC , WebForms)), Angular, WPF, Windows Forms
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
If the above fits your experience and career goals, then we would be happy to hear from you!
What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a talented team of bright and nice people and to also enjoy:
- 30 days’ vacation + an extra day off for your birthday
- Generous work-from home allowance
- Premium healthcare and dental care coverage
- A modern office with a well-equipped gym onsite
- Kids' Center onsite
- And many other perks
Progress is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building a versatile environment for all our employees.