We’re Progress – we offer the best products to develop, deploy, and manage high-impact business applications. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build solutions that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other, and cheer our wins. Join us as a Technical Support Engineer for our MOVEIt solution group. This job will start as a work-from-home one but come January 2022, given local conditions allow, is expected to transition into a hybrid role - dividing time between our Madison WI office two days a week and working from home on the other days. JOB SUMMARY:
The MOVEit Technical Support team is part of a worldwide organization with team members in North America, Western Europe, and India. We focus on Progress’ Managed File Transfer product, MOVEit, by assisting our partners and end-users with the understanding, configuration and troubleshooting of our products. We are a close-knit, passionate team who likes to work hard and have fun while doing it!WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
WHAT THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL NEED TO HAVE:
- Provides technical assistance to evaluators, customers, resellers and Progress employees via telephone, customer portal tickets, Screen sharing tools, or any other available communication option.
- Follows the processes and procedures for technical support workflow
- Diagnoses and explains external hardware and software issues that affect the use and/or configuration of our software (e.g., environmental or network)
- Interacts professionally and courteously with all customers and peers. Easily approachable, reacts calmly under stressful situations; receive constructive criticism well. Maintains confidentiality.
- Communicates clearly and precisely with customers regarding expectations for callbacks, follow-ups regarding their issues, interactions with Development and Cloud Operations, and other open issues. Sets appropriate expectations for resolutions and workarounds for product defect
- Logs product defects clearly in the corresponding systems
- Demonstrates and applies good understanding of knowledge capturing principles
- Be part of an emergency-only after-hours call rotation
ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION PROVIDED FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH THE FOLLOWING SKILLS:
- Bachelor's Degree in an IT-related field or equivalent experience
- Experience with Windows operating systems and networking concepts
- Experience in a software technical support, customer-facing role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including effective listening skill
- Solid analytical and troubleshooting skills specific to software related issues
- Demonstrated ability to handle large number of cases efficiently and effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment in dealing with customers’ technical issues
- Ability to work independently and well under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor
- Detail-oriented and proven ability to maintain, organize and prioritize workload
- Experience with Managed File Transfer (MFT) Software
- Managed file transfer technologies (AS2, EDI, PGP, PKI, S/MIME)
- Programming (.NET, Powershell, or REST API)
- Bi-lingual Spanish a plus though not required
- Industry certifications from CompTIA, SANS or (ISC)2
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, CIS, MIS, Computing Systems, or related field (foreign equivalent degrees accepted)
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
- Medical, dental, vision, life & disability, and financial benefits (including 401(k) retirement savings plan. Tuition Reimbursement program. Additional voluntary benefits including crucial illness/hospital indemnity, identity theft protection, auto & home insurance, legal, and pet insurance.
- Competitive salary, bonus, and best-in-class Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) with a 27-month lookback
- Flexible paid vacation time, paid day off for your birthday, and company holidays. A variety of leave plans, including Parental Leave.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and an employee well-being program focusing on physical, mental, and financial health.